Halos left to Rust

When Charlie introduced her girlfriend there was a swirl of thoughts going through his head. All of them surrounding the phantom like halo over her head. A sight he's only noticed for himself in a mirror. He's learned over the years that only he himself could see his own so the woman in question probably didn't even know it existed herself. Since when has there been another fallen angel in hell? He was supposed to be informed when someone falls so he could help them adjust to their new surroundings so why was he never told about the woman that stands in front of him? And she was dating his daughter too so did she even know? Unfortunately he did look to the halo before catching himself. He quickly fixed his gaze to, what was her name, Maggie? Chaggie? Raggie? He didn't quite catch what his daughter called her but he decided to ignore the halo situation until another time. Of course being caught so off guard did make his mind blank on what to do in response to the introduction and he admits the whole, 'you like girls?! Me too?!' thing was a bit embarrassing even for someone like him. Albeit out of his own reluctancy he tried his best to ignore the strong angelic aura wafting from her, but he allowed himself small glances every now and then to try and convince himself he hasn't completely lost it yet. He tried to fight the urge to say anything for the entire tour and his reconciliation with his daughter but with the other angel in the doorway it was hard to ignore the tug toward the one that captured his daughters heart. So that's why he is where he is currently.

When Lucifer had made the promise to get Charlie that meeting he had every intention to leave and do so but the angels presence made him hesitate. He could just leave right now and deal with it another time. But it was bugging him too much to leave alone. He sighed and looked to the ceiling, cursing under his breath. He could feel Charlie staring at him in confusion. "Before I go, there is one thing that I don't fully understand." The king said as he finally turned to his daughter, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously. Charlie titled her head. "Is it about the hotel? I can help clarify any questions or concerns you have if that is it." The archangel sighed and shook his head. "No it's..." he turned to look at the door, briefly making eye contact with the other angel before looking to Charlie again. "It's something that I would prefer to talk about with your girlfriend." Charlie blinked in surprise and raised a brow. In his peripheral he could see that said girl had dropped her crossed arms in surprise. She must've heard him then. "It's nothing bad Duckie, don't worry....well actually it might start good but depending on where it leads...." He paused what he was saying when he saw Charlie's worried look. "That's not helping, is it?" Lucifer asked, cringing slightly at his own lack of self control in his speaking. "Not really, no." The princess responded while rubbing her arm nervously. The king nodded and continued. "Well I promise it's not the whole 'hurt my daughter and I hurt you' speech I gave to Seviathan, that I can assure you." Charlie kinda snorted at that one. "But this is something I'd like to discuss with just her. Do you mind if we have some space to do that?" Lucifer looked to the Angel, Vaggie! That's it! Lucifer looked to Vaggie at the doorway. The angel had a brow raised in confusion and somewhat panic. Charlie turned to Vaggie herself, bitting her lip as she thought about the request. "I guess? But the minute I start seeing things go south, I'm joining in." Lucifer nodded at that. "Hopefully it won't come down to that." He then gestured for Vaggie to walk over who did so albeit with hesitance, she and Charlie exchanged looks with each other as they passed each other. With his daughter standing at the entrance of the hotel, Lucifer put a hand on the fallen angels shoulder and lead them both to the bottom of the stairs. The king looked back to the door. "That should be enough distance." He muttered to himself. The king had given the angel's shoulder a gentle squeeze in a way to try making her more comfortable before dropping his hand to his side and they both turned to look at each other.

Vaggie was nervous. Lucifer isn't usually able to read people well but the angel in front of him is not being too subtle as she thinks. Not only could he see the subtle shaking of her form but he could also see her fiddling with the hem of her skirt. Vaggie took a shaky breath before finally speaking. "What did you want to talk about, sir?" The unsteadiness of the angels voice was noticeable to even herself. Lucifer sighed, noticing her tense posture. "Ok before I start let me set the record straight." Vaggie took a breath that she held at that. "You can just call me Lucifer. Sir or Mr. Morningstar is mostly a formality and generally just makes me feel old." He jested with a smile knowing full well he is centuries old. "And this is more of a clarification topic for myself than anything else. It has nothing to do with you dating Charlie. So long as Charlie is happy, I'm happy. Hell, I'm more than happy to welcome you into the family but I understand that is a step you both need to decide on taking when you feel you're ready." His smile grew wider as he spoke. "Though I can already tell that it won't be too long until that happens with how you look at each other." Lucifer winked at Vaggie who blushed in response.