1- Introducing 3-o

"Hello there three-o", a blond man with a surgical mask speaks, "sorry, hello Catnap. Today you can finally join the others!"

"Others?" The young cat whispered, the calm was destroyed however when Catnap was yanked upward by another man, who opened a door and threw him into the sunlight. A loud speaker blared, "Ladies and gentleman the final member of these adorable smiling critters, Catnap!"

There was an applause, some oohing, many more remarking on how cute he was. He just sat there, all that noise was making him nervous. His tail instinctively curling around his body, he closed his eyes and waited for the noises to die down, when suddenly the grass rustled beside him.

Catnap opened his eyes to see someone beside him, "Hi! I'm DogDay!" Catnap jumped a little bit letting out a small squeak. "Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you. Hug?" The dog spread his arms waiting for the kitten to return the gesture. Catnap hesitantly nodded and DogDay nearly jumped on him. "Y-your fur is really soft," Catnap said softly to DogDay. "Thanks!" DogDay smiled brightly as he ended the hug, "Let me take you to meet the others!"

DogDay grabbed Catnap's hand and pulled him upwards dragging him near the front of the enclosure. Two of them were arguing on whether 'hurted' was a word. The others were in a group either drawing or talking.

"Hi guys!" DogDay yelled.

"DogDay!" They almost all said in unison except the two arguing ones.

Catnap grabbed DogDay's right arm and coward behind it. DogDay didn't seem to mind any he just pointed to each one a said their names, "That's KickinChicken," KickinChicken was showing off to who DogDay called Bobby Bearhug, when Kickin nearly dropped the rock he was holding Bobby took it off his hands with ease, Catnap couldn't quite get the rest of the exchange as his attention was diverted to two others who were sitting in the grass, one drawing with a red crayon the other with blue, "that's CraftyCorn and PickyPiggy, and those two arguing are Bubba Bubbaphant and Hoppy Hopscotch." Each looked up from their activities when DogDay said their name, some waving and others just nodding their heads. "Guys! Guys! Come meet Catnap!"

Catnap hid himself further behind DogDay as the others came over, "I-I I'm Catnap."

{[10 years later]}

"Kickin! What the heck were you doing out on shift?" CraftyCorn demanded, "Get caught and you'll wind up on the night shift!"

Anyone in earshot shuddered, they knew what happened during the night shift, there were fights, and they were ugly.

"Looks like someone was worried" Kickin teased and Crafty just rolled her eyes, "but relax, the show'll be fine without me, and besides that I only missed the finally."

"Exactly! What's so important that you might loose a couple of bits of your pay, and get out on the night shift! DogDay had to do the finally on both shows today!" Crafty nearly yelled at him, Kickin did look a little guilty, "Look, It was stupid I get that, but I've been waiting for this jacket to come in since like my birthday, which was like back in August and it's like October."

Crafty turned away from him angrily, muttering to herself, Bobby looked at her worriedly and walked over to Kickin, "It's been a rough day for Crafty and you just made it worse. Just don't take anything she says too personal, she's mad at everyone today."

"Isn't she always?" Kickin replied in a near annoyed tone, Bobby just looked at him disappointedly, "Bobby! Over here!" PickyPiggy called Bobby over.

Kickin was left standing alone, he sniffed indignantly and when to his room. "You guys wanna check out Oliver's? A new shipment came in today." Piggy asked the group, DogDay replied with, "Sure" and the rest of them echoed their agreement, other than Catnap, but wherever DogDay was you were sure to find him close behind.

A little while later everyone was looking around, Crafty, Bobby, and Piggy were all looking at art and baking supplies while Hoppy, Bubba, Catnap, and DogDay were checking out the toy aisles.

"You're over there getting excited over a power wheels for what, three year olds? You're nearly an adult!" Bubba stated, "I've still got a good two years thank you very much!" Hoppy shot back.

"Guys, come on, be nice." DogDay sighed tiredly, his attention was diverted when Catnap tugged on his hoodie sleeve and showed him a 'Squeeze Cheese'. (This product actually exist, I own it)

"I have to own it." He stated matter-of-factly which made everyone laugh even if it was only a light giggle. "You guys ready to go?" They nodded their heads in agreement. After finding Crafty and the others they headed to check out. "Hey Oliver!" DogDay said as 'Oliver' rung up the Squeeze Cheese.

"My names not Oliver."

"Then what is it?"

"You don't get to know"

"C'mon you gotta tell us someday."

"Never"

His voice was raspy and near robotic, half of his body was missing and was replaced with metal, what fur he did have was wiry and grey. Honestly the critters used to be scared of him.

"That it for you kids?" Oliver asked, "Yep" DogDay said as he strode through the door the other following close behind

———-
890 words! Hope you liked the first chapter!