Love Cake

Key: Brother's name = (b/n)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a nice breezy day outside, the temperature was pretty calm, nothing too extreme. You had overheard your brother on the phone with his friend Nolan. You eavesdropped their conversation and heard that today Nolan was going to come over. Hearing this puts a frown on your face. You didn't like the sound of that. Whenever he had invited Nolan over, they both would annoy you and you were sick of it. Sometimes they would tease you. You had honestly thought that today was going to be different and that they would finally stop. You had planned to do something to distract you from them and that was to bake cupcakes.

You had heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get that!" your brother said eagerly rushing to the door.

As soon as he opened the door, You saw the one and only Nolan Chance.

They dabbed up each other like a lot of guys do.

"Man, I can't wait for that new update," Nolan said. He was talking about some new update from a game.

"I know right, everyone has been talking about it," your brother agreed. Then the two rushed to the living room setting up the PS5.

As the two were walking, Nolan smirked at you from a distance.

You had caught him smirking at you and you just rolled your eyes and looked away.

"Ugh this dude" you said under your breath.

10 minutes later

As the two were on their game, hearing them rage and yell, you had set up the kitchen with all the ingredients you needed to make cupcakes.

You added all the ingredients into the bowl to create a batter. After making the batter, you set the oven at the temperature needed. As you were setting up the oven, you heard some footsteps..

It was Nolan.

He looked at your mini little baking station and he chuckled.

"Damn I didn't know you were into baking" Nolan commented.

You rolled your eyes to Nolan knowing that he's just trying to grab your attention.

"Yeah.. I like baking" you said with a poker face hoping that Nolan would lose interest in the conversation.

"What's with the attitude?" Nolan asked curiously.

You can feel your anger build up. He was bugging you.

"What do you want, Nolan?" You asked him trying to figure out why he was here.

"Oh.. Just a glass of water" he said, winking at you.

You couldn't help but blush a bit. You weren't sure why you were feeling this way towards Nolan. The guy who you disliked.

Nolan smirked. He definitely could read your poker face.

Nolan then serves himself a glass of water. Then he spoke again.

"Well if you ever need help baking, you know who to call over" he walked away winking at you once more.

You have had it with Nolan. Why was he being so friendly all the sudden? He was being more flirty than usual.

You tried to dismiss his flirty interaction with you and focused more on baking. But something about him made you want more.

15 minutes later...

In preparation, you added the cupcake liners into the baking tray. They were fun little star pattern cupcake liners. You poured the batter into each cupcake liner making sure you poured an even amount. You then grabbed the tray placing it into the oven with caution.