✩ chapter five ✩

It had been a week since Kenny had been in contact with Sharky, and he felt horrible. Niko had let the rest of the group know that he was okay after he ran out of movie night, but it was unusual for the two not to talk. They texted or communicated practically every day, recently even more than usual.

Although he had finally acknowledged his feelings for Sharky, he was scared. As soon as Niko left last week he shut down, and was rarely talking to anybody. He thought he would be able to bring himself to talk to Sharky, but he quickly discovered that he was wrong.

It was stupid. One minute he was joking and laughing with Niko about how Sharky was all his, and as soon as he was left alone he self destructed, like always.

Kenny woke up, rubbing his eyes and letting out a groan. The group was scheduled to film a new video today, and he couldn't weasel his way out of it any longer. He sighed, and forced himself to get up, checking the time on his phone and making his way to the bathroom.

He stepped into the shower, turning the heat all the way up as the hot spray almost burned. He couldn't stop thinking about the messages that Sharky had been sending all week, and Kenny had replied to none.

Naturally, Sharky was a big overthinker. He had sent so many texts asking if he had done something wrong, said something wrong.

Oh love, Kenny thought, it's the complete fucking opposite.

The steaming hot water stung his knuckles, which he had split open while he was training. He trained extra hard, punching with no gloves and a little too intensely to the point where his knuckles bled. He may or may not have punched a wall, but he knew he deserved it.

Kenny eventually stepped out of the shower, drying himself off. His skin was red raw from the hot water and his knuckles were killing him, but he carried on like it was nothing. He quickly changed and threw on a durag, picking up his phone and keys.

He felt worse than ever, bags under his eyes and so many thoughts spinning around his head. He quickly ate a slice of toast and checked the last few messages he had received from Sharky.

sharks
21:56
sharks 💓: idk what i've done wrong

sharks 💓: like genuinely i don't understand at all

sharks 💓: im really fucking trying here kenny can you please answer me

00:32
sharks 💓: ignoring ur best friend yeah? cold. i tried to understand what was wrong w u but if u don't wanna answer me i'm done. act like shits normal in the vid tmr and then u can go back to not talking to me.

Kenny clicked into his other messages from the past week with shaky hands, he hadn't checked anything other than Sharky's for days.

chunkzhino
Wednesday
15.03
chunkzhino: what are u doing bro you have sharks in bits

chunkzhino: he's at my place saying you've not responded to him since the movie and niko wont say why u ain't talking to him so tell me

16.47
chunkzhino:
so now you're ghosting everyone? idk if ur going thru smthing but text him back he's proper freaking out. love u brother this isn't like u.

He felt nauseous. He had hurt Sharky, his Sharky. He decided he wouldn't let himself get upset, and tried to distract himself by facing the fact he was going to have to see everybody today.