Free Will

I woke up with the cat meowing and a strange smell. I opened my eyes, and, wow. My bedroom was on fire. What the f...?

Oh, the candle. I forgot. Damn it.

I sat on the bed and watched the fire eat the desk and the closet and the carpet.

I lit a cigarette. I opened the window, the cat came out. And closed it. From outside, he looked at me, egyptian,"Don't you come?"

I closed the curtain, which also started to catch fire. I tried to sit on the bed, but it was burning like my memories in there. I sat on the floor and tried to see a salamander, the fire was beautiful. The flames were dancing melodically, like little bad fairies calling me to dance.

The doorbelI is ringing it. It must be that annoying neighbor. He must have already called the firefighter, police, whatever. I got dizzy with the the fumes, which is climbing the ceiling with force, fury and completely disorganization, as my life. To keep from fainting, I opened the window again. Ok, enough. Closed the window again.

I'm sitting next to the window and the bed. And I light another cigarette. I cough a lot.

Smoke or addiction...who cares?
I just wanted to admire the fire, I didn't want to die, you know? This is not even an accident. I was just curious. I don't know. 

The fire raised its arms for its deadly embrace, but it didn't catch me.

I heard noises and screams at the door. That fucking meddlesome neighbor.

I looked out the window, the cat was licking itself on the roof.

Across the bedroom, all my photographs melt. Finally. I didn't even like them. Just like people in these photos too. Everything past, everything inert, everything dead.

A firefighter appeared on the roof.
He asked me to open the window.
I pretended I didn't hear him.

He yelled at me to get out. How funny this little outfit of him. It looks like an tiny angry puppet. I sent a kiss and goodbye with my hand like a princess, just to see what he does.