Chapter twelve

"I love it."

Cara woke up to the morning sun shining in her face as her eyelids fluttered open. And She outstretched her hands as she sat up in bed, looking around noticing the white room she was in and she realised it looked vaguely familiar.

She pulled back the blue bedding, noticing the white gown she was in and realising her hair was out of its usual crown braid and now cascading down her back.

Walking over to the rectangular window that wrapped around about half of the room she placed her hand on the window ledge and looked out at the green forest in front of her and she finally realised where she was. She was on Alderaan.

She was home.

After the quick realisation she walked back over to her bed and opened the nightstand drawer before finding exactly what she was looking for and let an out a small gasp before smiling and sitting on the bed. And she knew exactly what room she was in.

In the drawer was a small light brown teddy bear next to a small red and white toy, Lola. She was home and she was back in her old room.

She carefully closed the bedside drawer and walked over to her door before opening it. It had been so long since she had been here but she remembered it like the back of her hand.

Cara walked back down the hallways that she had last been in as a child and noticed the small changes her parents had made to their home. Some new renovations, different decor choices and such. But she continued walking down the tall hallways before rounding the corner and walking into one of the many open seating areas of her house and seeing a boy standing at the window, looking out over the planet.

"Anakin?" Cara asked as she walked up to him.

"You're awake." He smiled as he turned around, happy to see her.

"What happened? Why are we here?" She asked as he took her hands in his. And she looked down noticing the black glove covering his hand. The one Dooku had cut off.

"There's a lot we have to talk about, here, sit." He said walking over and gesturing to a couch as they both took a seat.

"On Geonosis, Dooku instigated the war by attacking and killing several Jedi knights with the droid army. We took heavy losses, and we were lucky to make it out of there alive. You, me and Kenobi." Anakin started and Cara had remembered that much.

"Around ten years ago Master Sifo-Dyas gave the order for the clone army. And we now have them at our disposal. The Jedi have been militarized for the Clone wars now, Cara." Anakin explained and she couldn't believe what she was hearing. Jedi were supposed to be peacekeepers, not soldiers.

"What about Obi-Wan? He's alright?" Cara asked remembering his unconscious state when she arrived at the hanger.

"He's fine. He's back at the Jedi temple. After Bail found out about your injuries on Geonosis he begged the council to let you recoup here with me as your escort." Anakin answered and she smiled knowing her dad wanted her here so badly.

"Is there anything else?" Cara asked.

"Chancellor Palpatine has assumed Power. And the Jedi have alligned with the Republic. When we arrive back on Coruscant we are to meet with the council immediately." Anakin added.

"Chancellor Palpatine?" Cara asked at the news. As far as she knew he had just been a senator until now.

"Yes, the senate called into question Chancellor Valorum's ability to lead and elected Sheev." Anakin nodded.

"This certainly changes things." Cara sighed. And she was right, she didn't know what to think of it all right now. There was so much changing. So much going on. But she did know one thing that she was sure she needed to see.