Phoenix Feathers (Luke Castellan x Iris!reader) pt. 2

wc: 2039

a/n: feeling sick but wanted to put this out there in the world before my body is fully taken by the plague, hope to write more soon!

Be sure to check out this full fan fiction on my profile as I might not be updating the series on here for much longer: https://www.wattpad.com/1415834837-phoenix-feathers-luke-castellan-x-iris-reader-4 

It was the next morning and you hadn't slept a wink. Of course this hadn't gone unnoticed by Luke, who stared at you the entire morning. He wanted to tell you how cute your eye bags look, and how perfectly your hair fell in place after a restless night, but he knew better. You wanted to pretend like last night never happened. He could do that...

Luke was doing a horrible job at forgetting. As you were trying to get some food from the buffet both your hands touched for a split second and his face turned into a tomato. It was embarrassing for him, and unbearably endearing for you. 

Obviously it was a mistake asking to forget that night. You both remembered it, it definitely happened, and now you were in that really awkward stage where you both knew the feelings were there but couldn't act on them. It sucked. You sat down at the same table Sabrina was sitting at after she waved you over, turns out she had been sitting all by herself too. Once she realized you weren't going to run away she didn't talk as much or as fast.

"Oh my gods Gina, Luke is totally staring at the back of your head right now." You were in the middle of eating a spoonful of porridge and glared up at Sabrina.

"Ugh, he's been doing that all morning, why can't he just cut it out already?" Sabrina pushed your arm,

"He likes youuu."

"No! He's not supposed to like me, I explicitly told him to forget about it. I'm sure there's some other reason." Sabrina looked at you sympathetically,

"You've also been sitting all by yourself since you got here soooo, maybe he's surprised you can make friends?" You looked at Sabrina, "Ugh I'm sorry Gina but the only answer that comes to mind is that he is head over heels in love with you!"

"Shhhh!" You exclaimed, "Gods Sabrina do you want everyone to hear?"

"Sorry, I just get so excited when love comes into play."

"Of course you do." You resumed eating your porridge, "Don't you have something better to do?"

"Not when it comes to love!" She dramatically gasped. You groaned at her with a smile. "Now act natural so he can bask in the beauty of your candidness!" You both giggled and continued eating.

After breakfast there was an assortment of activities, each one fading into the next, until it was time for the next meal, lunch. You ate the food on your plate, still thinking about last night.

"Helloooo, earth to Gina. What are you thinking about right now your eyes are glazed over like a zombie." You straightened up, hoping you didn't look too discombobulated.

"Sorry. It's just been a boring day and I didn't sleep at all last night." Sabrina nodded her head.

"Now I know it's not my place to suggest, but you should seriously talk to Luke. I was in his kayaking team this morning and he looked absolutely miserable. It was like watching a sad and discouraged puppy with really ripped arms." You almost snorted up your water.

"I'll talk to him if he talks to me. How about that?"

"Be careful what you wish for." Sabrina smirked.

"What are you talking abo-"

"Hey Gina." He was right behind you. You slowly turned around, hoping maybe if you took long enough he would go away. You hadn't actually looked at him all day and seeing him now brought all the memories back.