~.+Underwater+.~

~.+*+.~

(Y/N) couldn't believe her ears. A bath? With him? What...? And most important of all, why? Cedric had a faint blush on his cheeks as he said it, the egg clutched in his hands.

"I think I know how to open this thing. I need to go to the Prefect's bathroom. But...I think I'll be lonely if I go alone." he winked at her cheekily.

(Y/N) was baffled. She blinked, before frowning, before blinking again. Again, truly baffled.

Cedric tilted his head. "Is...is that a no? Oh, that's okay...I..."

Frantically, (Y/N) shook her head. "No, no! I'll come with you. But just promise me you won't take your clothes off or anything."

Cedric's frown turned into a bright smile. "No promises, love. Come on, let's get going!" He grabbed her hand and almost dragged her to the Prefect's bathroom.

The door creaked open, and (Y/N) looked around. It was quite big, and there was a stained glass window of a siren brushing her hair. Then, Cedric set the egg down on the floor and took off his shirt. (Y/N) blushed.

"W-what are you doing?!" she stammered. "Y-you promised...!"

Cedric laughed. "I never promise anything." He then grabbed the egg with one hand, and took her hand with the other, and entered the water. He put the egg in the water and stared.

(Y/N), who was red from the sudden reveal, also stared. "Is something supposed to happen?" she asked him. Before he could answer, the egg opened underwater, and Cedric's eyes widened.

He instantly dipped his head under the water. (Y/N) hesitated, before holding her breath and following him underwater.

Underwater, she met eyes with Cedric, whose eyes were focused on the open egg. Then, very clearly, (Y/N) could hear a song.

Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
And while you're searching, ponder this:
We've taken what you'll sorely miss,
An hour long you'll have to look,
And to recover what we took.
But past an hour - the prospect's black.
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.

It was a song. But is wasn't any old song. It was a mersong. In an instant, (Y/N)'s brain cogs started to activate, and she figured out what the Second Task was.

She quickly resurfaced, followed by Cedric, who looked at her with a shocked, but handsome face.

"Cedric...I think I know what the Second Task is. Come on!"

(Y/N) dashed out of the water, using a charm to dry her and Cedric's clothes. She grabbed his hand and led him to the library.

"Love, what are you doing?" he asked her as he sat down beside her. (Y/N) grabbed a book from a shelf and opened it, revealing recipes for many charms.

"Here it is." she said, pointing at a charm. "The Bubble-Head charm. It's perfect for when you need to go underwater!"

Cedric grinned. "So it is." He then grabbed her shoulder and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, love. Now, get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow."

(Y/N) blushed like a nerd, and buried her face in her hands as she saw him blow a kiss and walk away.

"Stupid, promise breaking Diggory." she muttered under her breath, flushing red like a tomato. But then, Ron Weasley came up to her and tapped her shoulder.

"Ey. Do you have a minute? Dumbledore's looking for you. And me. And Hermione. And...Fleur's sister." he said awkwardly.

(Y/N) blinked in total confusion. "Um. Okay. Lead the way."