Epilogue

Whenever Iris read a book, the hero's emotions always came from their heart. This is not the case for Iris. For Iris hers starts in her stomach, but then they pass right by her heart and instead go to her throat. Choking her with their nasty thoughts and words. As much as she wished she could keep it all down inside like her brother, it never worked no matter how much she tried. like right now at family dinner.

"So Children, are you excited to start your first year at hogwarts?" her mother asked, her soft voice breaking the silence.

"I guess so." The girl shrugged and furrowed her brows. "Do you think I'll be in Slytherin like you? It could be fun to be in another-" her father interrupted, slamming his fist down on the table.

"You will be in Slytherin, like everybody in our family! How dare you even entertain the thought of coexisting with those disgusting People!" he exclaimed with a sneer. Then he turned to Iris's brother with a glare. "that goes for you too boy, neither of you will like the consequences if you fail to end up in the pureblood house." Iris looked at her brother in annoyance as he nodded his head and mumbled a quiet "yes father" under his breath. Iris rolled her eyes at her father, not without a warning glance from her mother.

"Well that's absolute rubbish! I'm not cunning enough to be a slytherin, if anything I could end up being a-"

SMACK!

Iris's head snapped back as her father got up and grabbed her by the throat slamming her against the wall. Her mother got up in a rush with her arms outstretched as if she could stop her husband's wrath. "Abraxas, please!" her father silenced her with a glare as he squeezed his fingers tighter.

"No son or daughter of mine will be anything other than a Slytherin! Do you understand me, you little bitch?!"

Struggling for air the girl nodded clawing at his hand fighting to get a breath. Her father squeezed tighter still until black spots clouded her vision. She swore she could hear her father laugh as her attempts at freedom grew weaker and weaker. Until finally her world went black and she collapsed onto the floor.

--------------------------------------------

Iris opened her eyes with a groan and a hand to her throat. Wincing as she felt the bruises surly forming onto her tanned skin. Sitting up she looked around her and saw she was in her brother's room, laying on his couch by the fireplace.

"I don't know why you can't keep your mouth shut Irie. All it ever does is make everything so much worse!" her brother sighed while handing her a glass of water and turning to stare at the fire. Iris took it and swallowed it in small sips, wincing as she swallowed ""I reckon this'll leave a bruise then?" she asked with a sigh of resignation.

"For godric's sake, this isn't a joke Iris! He'll kill you if you stop!" he shouted as he spun around with tears in his eyes.

Iris stood up and grabbed her brother's shoulders "Calm down Lucy, I promise it's gonna be alright! tomorrow when we go to school we'll be away from this place for four and a half months until christmas." he looked at her and nodded while wrapping her in a hug. "I hate seeing him do this to you and mum Irie" she needed and patted his back.

"I hate seeing him do this to you too. It's a good thing your black eye faded in time to go to school." she tried for a cheerful tone as her brother nodded his head slowly while he led his sister to her room. When they got to her door she bumped his shoulder with her own. "I promise everything will work out Lucy, it has to." The way she said it, with absolute certainty. Made him think that maybe she was right and things really would be okay in the end.