🍋~ My Strength [Valt X Reader]

If I'm honest, the idea was to finish this on Valt's birthday. But school has been really active lately, and training has been tough

My apologies!

But by all means, please enjoy!

§————————§ (not me choosing random characters for the page jumpers)

3rd Person P.O.V

After the legend tournament was over, all of the S-rank bladers were exhausted. It had been a long time of traveling around the world for arenas that Wakiya chose and paid little mind to the long flights that were involved.

But after one final flight, Valt Aoi was finally back home in Spain. He just needed to cross the forest (he had yet again gotten lost) and he would be able to engulf his girlfriend in his arms, not caring about anything else but her sweet scent and her gorgeous smile. He smiled to himself and kept going, tired eyes scanning the trees for some sort of clue that would lead him to his team. 

It wasn't until he looked at his bey that fatigue finally started to kick in. He had spun Valtryek so many times that it was impossible to keep count, but nevertheless he spun it one more time. This time, his companion took off and rolled down a hill, and the poor blader had close to no energy to follow it, so, being Valt, he threw himself too.  

His rough descend ended with a curve that managed to give him the momentum to catch his bey, but that let him fall directly into the cold water of a lake. However, he let himself sink, too tired to move or to even open his eyes. His muscles were screaming at him and his head was pounding, fatigue winning over determination and flooding his whole body. And suddenly, the water didn't seem so bad anymore. It was cool and reliving for his burning body, it was numb and silent for his running mind. Was it really a big deal to just let the water lull him to sleep? Did he even have to wake up? What for? He was lost. Maybe it was better if he rested there for a minute, in a world of blue and coldness, and worry not about what came next.

After all, wasn't Valkryie supposed to lead him to Valhalla?

He was sure he as going to his resting place, when a hand reached from above and pulled him into the light right when his lungs were numb of burning for oxygen.

[...]

"Thank you, doctor"

Y/N only raised from her bow when the door shut. Her eyes immediately went to her boyfriend's face, who was as peaceful as the day they found him. How long had he been like this? 2 days? 4? God, it could as well have been one and the pain she felt for her lover would hurt her all the same.

She sat down beside his bed and stroked his blue hair, refusing her tears to fall down her cheeks with a pout. This was no time to cry, and she knew it. She should be doing more for her Valt, yet she found herself useless. Valt had always protected her, he had always been there to cheer her up and he had been there whenever she was sick.

He had done something. If she felt ill, he got her medicine. Now he was bedridden and in an undefined slumber, and she didn't even know what to do.

Three knocks came from the door and she cleared her throat, reminding herself to be strong for Valt.

"Come in" She turned her head to receive her visitant

Kris opened the door and offered a greeting smile "Hey Y/N. May I come in?"

"Sure" She kissed her boyfriend's hand and left to the couch, patting the space beside her to join Kris.

There was silence for a minute, then the BC Sol director spoke up.