Eighteen

The day of the ritual and Chloe was worried. Damon has been keeping her preoccupied. She spent some time with Jenna, Caroline, Jeremy, everyone she could think of, but mostly, Elena. The one person who was sacrificing herself. "I don't want to lose you." She tells her. "I can't lose you. You are my twin. Yes, we have our days, but still, you are my twin that I need."

Elena hugged her. "I'm doing this for you." She tells her. "You and this baby have a future. I don't even think I do anymore since I don't want to be a vampire."

Chloe sighed. "I just don't want to lose you, but I can't fight you anymore." She says. "Just know that I love you."

In the shadows, John listened to both his daughters and knew he would have to do what's right. Their twins, they needed each other at birth and they need one another still. Even after Chloe turns. She will still need her sister till the day Elena dies from old age. He knew what he was going to do. He needs to speak to Bonnie.
~~~
"Hello?"

"Chloe, I need your help."

"Caroline, what is wrong?"

"Someone kidnapped me and Tyler and it's a full moon."

Damon kissed her head causing her to smile. "Caroline, Damon is on his way." She tells her. "Just try to stay away from Tyler." She hung the phone up and ran to Damon and kissed him. "I love you."

"I love you, but you stay put."

She nodded as she ran to his room hoping everything was okay. Chloe stopped as she saw a picture of her and her friends causing her to cry. Everything was falling apart. She walked into Damon's room and held his shirt as she hopes he is okay.  Laying down on his bed, Chloe closed her eyes as she tried not to think of anything at them moment.
~~~
Damon held Chloe as she cried over Jenna's death and John. "Baby?" She looked at him. "Stay beside me."

"I'm always beside you..." he showed her the bite. "Damon?"

"Tyler bit me last night while I tried to save them."

Chloe felt her heart shattering causing Damon to pull her close. She cried even harder as the love of her life will be dying. Stefan saw them and knew he needed to see if there was a cure. He has to save his brother from Chloe's sake.
~~~
At the Salvatore's house, Chloe stayed with Damon the whole time so he wouldn't leave. Damon looked at Chloe and smiled as he put his hand on her stomach. "I love you and this baby, Chloe."

"I know." She tells him in tears. "I don't want you to die."

"You would have loved me back then..."

"No. This Damon is the man I love, the father of my baby. I rather have this Damon."

Katherine appeared and smiled at them as Elena walked in behind to be with her twin in need. "I have what you need, Chloe." She says causing her to see Katherine then Elena. Chloe walked over and took the jar. "I heard what you said, Chloe and I know you and Elena are different from me because I for one think it's okay to love them both, but Elena doesn't see Damon that way and you don't see Stefan that way."

Chloe gave Damon the blood causing him to drink. "We are so different from you, Kat." She tells her. "But how did you get away from Klaus."

"Stefan handed himself over."

Chloe and Damon looked at her shocked as Elena left to call Stefan. Damon turned Chloe around and kissed her causing her to cry. Katherine smiled as she left them. Pulling away, Damon had one thing to say. "Marry me, Chloe?"