Chapter 1

// 3rd Person //

Everyone stood around Sonics kitchen, They'd all finally come back from their adventures and seeing as Christmas was drawing near Sonic had decided to invite all of his friends back to his place to finally have a chat face to face for the first time in months. As much as Sonic hated planning ahead but he'd wanted the get-together to be perfect.

He'd gone on a few adventures of his own while everyone else was gone to keep himself occupied. Eggman had been silent for a good while, but if he did come out it'd only be a few robots to wich Sonic stopped within seconds. He didn't want his friends to worry and come back when he could clearly handle the situation so he hadn't informed them of Dr. Eggmans slight productivity while they were out.

Tails sat at the table sketching up a new gadget for Sonic to test out, Amy was chatting while cooking with Rouge, Shadow who was begrudgingly dragged along by Rouge sat calmly and quietly on the kitchen island eating the coffee beans that Sonic had bought him, and Knuckles sat beside Tails watching as he worked while eating the grapes on the table.

Sonic sat quietly listening as they all talked, it seemed unusual to all of them seeing as before Sonic could never quit talking whenever they were together but now it seemed as if he'd matured over the time they were gone. Or he'd just gotten quite.

The doorbell rang and Sonic quickly stood up, "I'll get it!" he said, a little confused seeing as he hadn't invited anyone else as he walked into the living room and toward the front door.

He quickly opened the door and took a peek outside. A familiar figure stood before him ankle-deep in the snow.

Sonic stood there, he couldn't move he was practically paralyzed as the Knight quickly knelt down before him,

"Your Majesty."

"Lance!" he shouted, even when he was adorned in heavy armor it didn't take Sonic long to identify the knight that stood before him. "What have I told you about kneeling—"

"Sonic?" Tails peeked into the Living room having heard Sonic shout.

Sonic quickly turned around to face him, the knight now fully in view. It was... A rather unusual sight.

Sonic quickly signaled for the knight to stand, to push him outside to have him explain but it was too late. everyone had already piled into the living room and saw the two together.

"who's this?" Knuckles asked as he walked toward the pair, he'd never seen anyone in full armor besides those who took cosplay a little too seriously.

Sonic groaned as he turned around, everyone else had shared their adventures while they were out but Sonic had seemingly no stories to tell. Wich was why they all stared at him questioningly as he stood before them waiting for an answer.

"Your Majesty—"

"This is Sir Lancelot!" Sonic quickly shushed him, flashing his signature grin at them. "He's from Camelot!"

"Sire please I have something I must inform you of." Lancelot said as he calmly placed his hand atop of Sonics shoulder to get his attention.

"What have I told you about calling me—" Sonic started,

"Sire?" Shadow snickered, "Are you sure you've got the right person?"

Sonic rolled his eyes, typically he'd respond with a dumb remark but choose not to as he looked up at Lancelot who seemed to be staring at Sonic's rather large group of friends who looked eerily similar to some of the people he knew back home.

Sonic quickly dragged Lancelot inside and slammed the door shut before anymore snow could get into his precious beach house.

"Sire—" Lancelot started,

"Hold it!" Sonic turned his body and faced Lancelot with narrowed eyes as he thought something over. After a moment of silence he waved his hands listlessly and muttered, "Nevermind, continue."

"As I was saying," Lancelot started as he straightened his posture once more and pulled out a scroll and handed it over to Sonic with a small smile as he spoke, "Camelot Is being enveloped by darkness and the sky is no longer the bright blue it'd once been."

"The sky is never really that blue—" Sonic started before quickly apologizing as he felt the knight glare at him through his visor,

"I have come on behalf of the round table to request your assistance." Lancelot quickly knelt down again wich only seemed to startle Sonic but did so anyway out of respect as he spoke, "People are falling Ill and the kingdom needs you to return as soon as possible."

"Lance please—" Sonic urged as he quickly lifted the Knight back onto his feet.

As the two chatted with each other the rest of them stared at each other confused as to what was going on, Sonic handn't told them anything and this was the first they were hearing of a Sir Lancelot and a Kingdom named Camelot. Sonic had always been an open book, or at least he seemed to be.

Shadow groaned and continued to listen to the Knight and Sonic speak, as he listened to their conversation no longer paying attention to the group beside him he began to notice how eerily similar He and the knight sounded. The knight had a thick accent and a slightly different vocabulary but similar nonetheless.

As the group began to quiet down they all listened into the pair's conversation much to Sonic's discomfort.

"Wasn't Camelot supposed to come to an end regardless?" Sonic asked slightly tilting his head to the side having remembered what the Merlina told him.

"Sonic!" Tails yelled baffled by his brothers bold choice of words, quickly throwing a pillow at him to wich Lancelot quickly blocked before it could hit his King.

Lancelot groaned as he placed a hand on Sonic's shoulder again, "Yes! But Merlina has stated that it's started far too early!" he quickly grabbed the hand Sonic held the scroll in, "She had me deliver you this in hopes that you'd help."

Sonic looked down at the letter in his hands and pulled on the red string that kept it together and watched as the scroll unravelled itself before reading it. "It seems as if Eggy hasn't been as well-behaved as I'd thought." he lightly chuckled before placing both hands on Lancelot's shoulders, "I guess I'll have to return sooner than I'd planned.. Don't worry Lance, I'll always be here to help if you need it!" he smiled, letting go of the relieved knight.

The moment didn't last long before it was interrupted by the ebony hedgehog, arms crossed as he glared at Sonic, "Care to explain?" Shadow said now glaring at the two of them.

-

Sorry I have to cut this short! Don't worry the next part will be out before you know it!!! :D