Chapter 1: The Fox and The Cat

*16 years later after the Nine Tails incident*

Narrator's POV

On the morning in the Lantern City, everyone is walking peacefully and enjoying their day. Inside the house, there is a jet black-haired 16 year old girl, Akira Jing who is now a Teenager, woke up from her sleep, getting ready for the day, Akira went to the bathroom to brush her teeth, then she heard footsteps coming on the way to the bathroom and revealed her got to the door of the bathroom, it's a girl who's 3 years younger than her, she has raven and hot pink fade on her hair-ends, she also has cat ears on her head, her name was Sakura Hūa, Akira's childhood best friend.

Sakura: "Akira, My Dad has a surprise for us, can you come down stairs?"

Akira: "Alright, tell him I'll be there in a minute."

Sakura: "Alright."

Sakura left the door of the bathroom and went to the living to her dad, after Akira finished brushing her teeth, she went left the bathroom and brushed her hair, and she changed her pajamas to her casual wear. She's now wearing black t-shirt, grey dress shirt breast pocket, black raven jeans, black fingerless gloves and black shoes. She then left her room and went down stairs to the living to see Sakura and her father, Li Huan Chen.

Akira: "So, what's that surprise you have for us, Mr. Chen?"

Li Huan Chen: "Hop on the car, I'll tell you guys once we get there."

Akira and Sakura looked at each other and nodded when they looked back at him.

*time skip*

Akira and Sakura got out of Chen's car and once the trio got out as Akira and Sakura pulled their backpacks and weared them on their back (the fox, Caleb is hiding in Akira's bag), then the girls looked to see where they're at, and both of their eyes widened in surprise, They're at the train station.

Akira: "Uhh... Mr. Chen, why are we at the train station?"

Li Huan Chen: "I've been thinking, I'll give you two a chance to explore, you guys are going to Megapolis."

Akira and Sakura looked at him in surprise and looks delighted.

Akira/Sakura: "Really?!"

Li Huan Chen: "Yeah, and plus, it seems like you have been having a rough time in the Lantern City, I thought you guys can have a better life for a change instead of going through hell of being villainized."

Sakura: "Yeah, that's true, thanks Dad, it really means a lot to us."

Li Huan Chen: "Your welcome you two."

Li Huan Chen gave the girls much money to give them a chance to go to new adventure or anything they would like to buy.

Li Huan Chen: "Now this is important you two, be careful with lending and borrowing money, keep them in your savings accounts, take your pay."

Akira and Sakura nodded at him and the three got towards the train that arrived at the station dropping off the passenger and others are going inside the train.

Akira: "Well, that's our cue. We better get going, Sakura."

Sakura: "Yeah, I guess, this is goodbye then, Dad."

Li Huan Chen: "Yeah, you two take care of each other, I think I've catch you both long enough."

Akira: "Goodbye Mr. Chen, Thanks for taking me in, I'm really happy to be part of your family and can you thank Mrs. Huá for me?"