𝑿𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑰 - 𝑻𝒐𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒅

(I'm alive you guys)

「𝑵𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒚'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗」

The day seemed to be passing so slowly... I didn't dare step foot outside of the apartment in case doppelgangers roamed the hallways, but there was practically nothing to do! Instead of sitting somewhere and staring at the wall, I decided to go take a nap, only to be woken by the phone ringing. In my head, I had only slept for 10 minutes, but I was proven wrong as I picked up the phone.

« Hello? » I said, trying not to sound as if I had just been asleep.

« Yes, am I speaking to Nancy? » An unfamiliar voice came from the phone as I held it to my ear.

I frowned a little in confusion. I was too used to hearing Henry's cracking voice every time I answered the phone that it was weird to hear another voice.

«That's me, yes. » I answered, rubbing my eyes as I glanced around Francis's apartment.

« Okay, great. Your husband says he's coming back from work, I'm just calling to make sure he's not at home.. » The voice, which I soon recognized as the voice of one of the D.D.D. agents, said.

I could hear a more quiet voice in the background 'not husband, I didn't even say husband!' It sounded a little flustered, but I recognized Francis's voice.

My eyes narrowed, and I quickly looked at the clock on the wall, seeing it was almost 5 p.m. Did I really sleep for that long?! « Uhm, no, he isn't home. He's back? » I asked, running my hand through my hair.

« He is. We'll open the door for him. » The D.D.D. agent said before hanging up the phone.

I sighed quietly as he hung up the phone and decided to slip on my shoes and head to the lobby to meet Francis. I could've just waited for him to arrive, but no. Arriving on the first floor, I saw him walk in, looking quite exhausted. Well, more than usual, since he always looked exhausted.

« Hey, did you have a great day? » He asked, smiling.

« Well, I mostly slept today, but I did. » I answered, walking by his side as we made our way back towards the elevator.

« They still didn't find Henry, eh? » Francis stated as he arranged his milkman cap while waiting for the elevator doors to open.

« I guess not. » I said before the sound of a door opening caught my attention.

Out of curiosity, I turned to look at who it was and which door was opening, only to see a certain someone come out of the damned closet where the janitor kept all the cleaning stuff.

« Henry? » Both me and Francis said as soon as we saw the kid step out.

Okay... he wasn't exactly a kid, but he was still younger than most people in the apartment. But the actual question was what he was even doing in here.

« Ah! » Henry exclaimed before stumbling back into the closet, seeming scared.

Francis and I looked at each other before following him, opening the door of the storage closet wide open and seeing him kneeling in the corner of the small space.

« Have you seriously been hiding here this entire time?! » Francis said, seeming angry about the situation.

« But the doppelganger! It broke through! What the hell was I supposed to do?! » Henry said, his annoying voice filling our ears.

God, when will his voice ever stop cracking like that...

« You have the phone number for the D.D.D? » I said, looking down at the guy in disbelief.

« You're totally getting fired. » Francis said, more as a statement than anything else.

« I know!! » Henry said quite loudly again.

Francis and I exchanged a quick glance once again before I sighed loudly and looked at the front desk again. His boss was there... what a good timing.

...