15.0

The Next Day

The Next Day

I left the store with my bag in hand, thanking the sales associate. Lo called me as I walked around the mall.

"So, how does Zo feel about you and Aubrey?" Lo asked.

"Honestly, I'm not too sure. Some days he seems fine, but some days he's quiet. He's trying to get used to it, which I understand. I just don't like that he has Klay in his ear," I explained.

"So he's still getting closer to Klay's trifling ass?" Lo asked.

"Yeah, which I don't understand. I mean, I guess I get it, but it's like he doesn't see that Klay is using him. You've denied your child all these years, but as soon as he starts getting recognition, you're a dad of the year. Zo is going to have to learn the hard way," I vented, walking into another store. A text from Aubrey popped up on my phone.

"Missing you, A.P," Aubrey's text read as I adjusted my right AirPod.

"Miss you more, Mr. Graham," I replied.

"Girl, did you hear me?" Lo asked, interrupting my thoughts. I chuckled.

"Lo, my phone was acting up," I smiled, browsing through some shoes. Aubrey sent another text, this time with a picture of himself.

 Aubrey sent another text, this time with a picture of himself

"This nigga knows exactly what he's doing..." I muttered.

"Bitch, what are you talking about?" Lo asked.

"Nothing, girl. So anyway, what are y'all doing tonight?" I asked.

"I don't know, Lana is talking about how she wants to go to dinner while Summer wants to go to the club. You know me, I'm down for whatever since I'm not talking to Chubbs at the moment," Lo said.

"Oh boy, what happened now?" I asked, debating whether to get these shoes.

"Some bitch was texting his phone, and he doesn't think anything is wrong with it. So, I haven't talked to him since yesterday. I think he flew out there with y'all, so you'll probably be seeing his ugly ass," she said, clearly upset.