Chapter 1: Leaving The Anbu

A figure of around fifteen years old wearing a grey vest over a black shirt, black pants, and metal templates with a serpent partially on their face was kneeling on the ground in front of a blonde-haired woman.

"You summoned me Lady Tsunade?" They asked in a silky smooth voice

"Yes, and you take the mask off serpent," Tsunade said."This isn't an Anbu mission," She stated.

"I understand," The figure removes the mask to reveal a fifteen-year-old male with extremely pale with long raven hair and purple with vertical pupils.

"So why have summoned me if not for a mission?" The boy asked

"As you heard Sasuke Uchiha has left the village," Tsunade said.

"Yes,  to join my father correct," The boy said."Is there a reason you brought that up?" He asked.

"I have a mission for you, but you will be known as Hanzo, " Tsunade explained.

"Hanzo understand, " Hanzo said with a bow of his head."What is the mission, my lady?" He asked. 

"This miss in you will be joining the remaining of Team Seven on their mission," Tsunade replied.

"Oh, really don't you think it's too soon for a replacement?" Hanzo asked."Sasuke Uchiha has only been gone a week," He stated.

"That might be true,  but this is an important mission,  but it won't be led by Kakashi, " She replied.

"Really?  Then who will be in charge of the mission?" Hanzo asked.

"That will be," A voice said from behind Hanzo.

Hanzo turned around to see a tall and well-built man with fair skin. He had waist-length,  spiky white hair tied back in a ponytail,  with two shoulder-length bangs framing his face.  There were two rec lines under his eyes which extended further down his face. He was wearing a green kimono and matching pants under which he wore mesh armor and hand guards, a black belt,  and traditional Japanese widden sandals.

"So I'm working with you huh?" Hanzo replied looking at Jairiya

"So I'm working with you huh?" Hanzo replied looking at Jairiya."So what is the mission?" He asked.

"We're to investigate the Land of Rice Paddies it is a rumor that the Sound Village," Jairiya said.

"Yes so you are to search for clues on th Sound Village is located and possibly the whereabouts of Sasuke Uchiha," Tsunade said.

"So it is an investigation mission to locate Sasuke Uchiha, " Hanzo stated. "Through our you sure it a wise idea for me to be a part of it. After all, they won't get along with me easily seeing me as a replacement for Sasuke."

"Not able only add you because they short a member,  but because you have been in this line of force for longer than you should have been it time you join a team close around your age and make friends, " Tsunade explained.

"I understand my lady.  I'm looking forward to meeting my new teammates, " Hanzo said with a bow.

"Hanzo-oi you are too formal once again it's a regular mission, not anbu," Tsunade said reminding him he could lower the anbu formate.

"Hanzo we set out tonight that when Naruto and Sakura are bound to set out," Jairya said."We meet up with them on the way out and officially give them the mission."

"Understand I will get prepared for tonight Toad Sage, " Hanzo said with a bow to Jairiya.

"I suggest you find new clothes instead of the standard Anbu gear and start wearing this," Tsunade said giving him a black headband with a hidden leaf symbol on it.

"Yes, my lady, " Hanzo said taking the headband and riding it on his forehead as he headed Tsunade his mask."I will be ready by tonight, " He said as he left leaving white snakes in his place.

Here we go to the first chapter of The Replacement.  Hanzo will join Naruto and Sakura on the S-rank mission to the Land of Rice Paddies. As this story begins a week after Sasuke Uchiha left the village.  Now he has to work with two people who trust him. He will meet Ino later on in the story.  As for Sai, he is not here being as this is still the Naruto era, not Naruto Shippuden but he might still exist just won't be with Ino.  You just have to wait and see.

Oi means nephew by the way.  Tsunade calls him that as she sees Hanzo as a nephew being her old teammate Orochimaru's son.

Anyway, thanks for reading the chapter despite it being a short one.

Wc:  755