Act 2 Part 1: Found.

The next day Kara avoided everyone, isolating herself as she tried to learn how to aim better, causing Bonnie to grow even more concerned.

"All she's been doing today is taking aim at walkers, I'm worried about her," Bonnie spoke to Troy and Tavia.
"Like I said last night, it's not our business, it's Bill's. Stay out of it."
Kara teared up and kept trying to get headshots as she stood on the roof of the building, trying to make herself stronger to avoid more tragedy.
"Tavia, I'm not sure he'll talk to her about this, he's grieving as well, we can't just—"
"Bonnie. Unless he asks you to step in, you are not to speak to her about it, is that understood?" Tavia scolded, causing Bonnie to sigh.
"Fine, fine, but can't Troy talk to her? He was close to Bill and Vanessa."
"I doubt he wants to get on Bill's bad side to talk to a grieving kid. Just leave her be."
Kara knew that some of the recruits, both old and new, were talking about her, which only made her more upset as she kept trying to focus her shots.

Bill sat in his office, trying his best to keep his head straight before eventually deciding to climb onto the roof, immediately spotting his daughter.
"Kara? What are you doing?"
"Bonnie, we've seen this happen way too many times, and if we step in, someone is going to either get hurt or killed," Vince chimed in as he turned to look at her.
"Hell, if we have Troy do it, Kara might just shoot him because of how much she hates him."
"That's...a fair point," Bonnie sighed, rubbing the back of her neck.
"Still though, she could use a friend. She wouldn't hurt a fly, unless it was named Troy."
"She won't, but Bill will," Tavia replied with an eye roll.

Kara took aim again through teary eyes as she heard her dad behind her, trying not to let his presence distract her.
"Practicing..."
"You're getting better at it baby girl," He encouraged, walking over as he watched her.
Kara hesitated for a moment, seeming almost completely zoned in, which was unlike her usual self.
"...Thanks, Daddy..." She quietly replied as she took aim again, shooting another walker, but missing the head.
He walked over to her, putting his hand on her shoulder as he continued to gaze down at his daughter.
"I know how bad things are, but if we let the bad drown us, we will die, and it will be painful. We can't let the death of others affect us when we are the leaders of this camp."
She sniffled, lowering her gun before turning her head to look up at her father with teary eyes.
"How do you do it, Daddy?" She questioned sadly, wanting to be more like her father to overcome her deep feeling of grief.
"We keep our heads up, replace that feeling of sadness with something else, whether it be anger, happiness, whatever it is, and if that doesn't work, talk to me," He advised as he continued to stare down at his young daughter.
She nodded, taking it in for a moment before turning on the gun safety and hugging him.
"Thank you, Daddy," She replied quietly, sniffling a bit as she decided to take her father's advice to heart.
He hugged back, replying with a smile, "Of course baby girl."

Days later, after much preparation, they finally left to go after Luke's group.
Kara saw the group off with a bright smile, hugging her dad for good luck before playing with her stuffed bunny happily, giggling as she ran around Howes.
Bonnie sighed as she leaned back in the backseat of the truck, prepping her gun.
"Are we sure we'll be able to find them? I mean, what if they've already found a car?"
"Pft, please, them? They're probably somewhere nearby cowering," Russell replied with an eye roll.
"We'll probably even find them in time for dinner."
"All of the cars have been scrapped in this area, ain't a chance they did. They would be hiding somewhere nearby, we just need to find where they went. Based on the report from the little scouting trip some of you guys went on, they went to the Civil War memorial, just down the road aways," Carver chimed in as he started the truck before driving off.
"Well, what happens when we find 'em?" Troy asked as he relaxed in the front seat.
"We bring them home as peacefully as possible of course, they're family," Bonnie quickly replied, not wanting any violence to ensue.
"Uh huh, family that left with a bunch of our supplies and decided that they'd rather be with the dead than us," Russell chimed in with a heavy eye roll.
"They'll have to give me the strength to forgive them," Bill spoke, keeping his gaze on the road.