A new friend

Word count: 1008
Trigger warning: Ablism, talk of murder, slight implications of abuse

Who knew a rumor could be so disorienting? It sounds unreal, wrong, like a measly rumor but it replayed in their head and disrupted their days. How many days? It controlled their life. What day are we? It was just a silly little rumor, nothing to change a life, it shouldn't have ruined any life. Weeks... how have weeks passed by? But it did, it had ruined their's. The things they would do to have never heard such a rumor, such words, to stop thinking such thoughts.
Yet perhaps it was too late.

"Arlo are you paying attention?" blinking there teacher was standing infront of of them with an angry look.
"Sorry ma'am," he had mumbled.
"You know day dreaming is a sign of mental illness," she said moving to go back infront of the class. "Are you sure its safe for us to have you in are class?"
"I'm sure, ill get out of my head, i'm so sorry," they had said with more confidence to there voice.

"Isn't that the kid who broke down last week in the cafeteria?" A voice snickers passing by the class, without even looking he knew they were looking and pointing at him. He barely remembers that day, hell he dosnt remember it at all yet people keep bringing it up. What had happened? The class room door was shut with a death glare from the teacher, clearly pointed at him.
"Class why don't we take a break from math and talk about a serious topic?" it was sudden.

"Do any of you tend to break down crying at random times? Struggle to get out of bed? The thought of eating feel sickening?" The teacher asked.
Yes, yes and yes.
"Lift your hand if you relate," she said. Arlo looked around and no hands were lifted, he wouldn't lift his knowing what she was getting at.

"Arlo, are you sure? I heard about the incident," she said.
"I'm sure, it was just a fluke, just a bad day who seemed to get out of my control," he said lying though his cricked teeth.
"Good, because all of those things i'v named are signs for depression and if you have that your a danger to sociaty," she said.

"On what belifs?"
   "I'm sorry?" the teacher asked.
"What makes having a mood dissorder like depression so dangrous?" The same stuident stuck up.
"Well clearly if you have depressive thoughts you wouldn't be able to stop and they would think about murder, they kill," she said.
"On what science?
"Science? What I say is a fact, there dangerous," she spat.
   "Science makes facts, its the sole reason you able to colour your hair, put anti aging products on your face, the sole reason you have that chalk in your hands. What your saying is a theory and yes there good but they arn't facts," he said.

Arlo stared at him from across the class, his face felt so hot. Am I blushing? Surely not... right?
"Are you a stupid nerd or something?" asked a girl.
"Is that a bad thing in your eyes?" he asked.
"Yes its unatractive," she said.
"Lucklily I think your unatractive also, means we wernt meant to be," he fake pouted making Arlo laugh quietly to himself.
   "Oh yeah well your ugly too," she said which he just smiled and looked back up at the teacher.

"Felix the disrespect from you today is unacceptable, go to the office," his teacher said.
"Lisa was being dissrispectfull too," Arlo said standing up.
"Arlo sit down and be quite or you will be sent off with Felix," his teacher said angrily.
"Your being completely unfair and honestly quite abelist!" he said angrily.
"Fine go with him too. Now!" she said.

"Fine, just know you smell like rotten apples," he said grabbing his bag and walking out the class, felix walking out with him.
"That is what she smelt like, I couldn't find the words to describe it," Felix laughed.
"And she wonders why I was out of it, all I could concentrate on was her awful smell," he laughed. "Also that was cool how you stood up to her in there."
"Same to you," Felix said.

"Well I tend to try and be mean to someone at least once a day, keeps me sain and apparently away from killing people," he laughed.
"Yeah, I can't believe she actually believe that crap," Felix laughed.

"You two, in my office now!" The principle said angrily, seems like she called ahead. They sat down in the chairs infront of his desk.
"You boys were extremely disrespectful, I am ashamed of the way you boys have acted and spoke today," he said angrily.
"She was openly saying her belifets, ones who can be extremely damaging to so many people!" Felix said angrily.
"YOU DO NOT TALK THAT WAY TO YOUR ELDERS!" he yelled angrily.
"Your going to break your old and frail eardrumbs if you keep yelling like that sir," Felix said.
"3 day suspension for the both of you. Your luckly its near the end of the semester and these grades can greatly impact my job," he said angrily, basically shaking with anger.
"Thank you sir. We can leave?" Arlo asked.

"No your parents need to come in to have a talk, go in the chairs," he said angrily not wanting to deal with them.
Both got up and walked out laughing to themselfvs. "I hope I didn't get you in to much trouble at home," Felix said.
"Nothing I can't handle, will you be ok?" Arlo said lying through his teeth but not wanting the other to feel bad.
"Yeah ill be fine, probably just won't be able to go out for a week or two, but ill manage," he said.

Arlo's dad was the first to show up and he didn't say a word, he just passed by him and entered the office closing the door behind him. "He seems very angry," Felix said worriedly which Arlo gave him a small resuring smile.

— — Don't forget to star the chapter if you like it! — —

This is all original and so any support is appreciated!
   Also I'm open to some constructive criticism, I'm eager to learn how to improve my writing!