The same old veiw.

(Very corny angst, lmao)

We were so close.

Millie rested on a nearby rail as she observed the scenery. Her shift as Captain ended a while ago, and she was given the rest of the day off, which she always spent on the same balcony. The sky was orange due to the infected engines and unusual colored oil being used. She didn't mind it. In fact, she thought it was more beautiful that way. Clouds covering up the sky, a few stars are able to be seen, and the sun setting right in front of her. She always wondered how her life would've been like if she had never been hired. Maybe she could've been a full-time writer or a librarian.

Why did it have to end?

Nichelle got off her shift and was walking to her office when she noticed Millie. Her hair looked lighter due to the sky. Nichelle walked over and went to the girls' side.

"What are you doing?" Nichelle asked.

"Nothing much," Millie responded. The two looked over to the scenery in front of them. Steam from machines were everywhere, and multiple people were seen working, transporting goods, and coming back from fighting Hiveminds. "You know, I wondered what would have happened if we never worked here."

"What do you mean?" Asked Nichelle.

"You know, like, if we never got hired, or if hiveminds never existed."

"That's actually a good question.."

"How was the shift?" Millie took her eyes off the sky and looked over at Nichelle. 

"The usual, Damien has been improving. He's really good at those bombs we've recently got." 

Nichelle reached into her pocket to pull out a cigarette.

"Didn't know you smoked. You really couldn't have waited for only two more years?" Millie asked as Nichelle tried lighting the cigarette.

"I got self control Mill, haven't touched these things in a while! Just needed something to calm me down for a bit.." The girl successfully lighted the cigarette and started to smoke. Millie looked over at the girl, completely forgetting what Nichelle had called her. Nichelle noticed the girl and how long she's been staring at her. Nichelle smiled at her as she took the cigarette out of her mouth. "So Captain, how are the newbies doing?" Nichelle asked. 

"Alright, I guess, I doubt they'll survive, tho.." Millie glanced over at Nichelle again. Nichelle dropped the cigarette and stomped it, blowing it out. 

"How is it like being Captain? I mean, it must be better than making weapons, right?" Nichelle asked. 

"Tiring. Honesty, I don't know when was the last time I got a full 8 hours of sleep.. at least desgining wepons gave me a proper sleep schedule!" The girl relied. 

The two looked over the balcony again. It had the same veiw every day, yet it never got old. Millie fidgeted with her thumbs as Nichelle took a look at her surroundings again. It was always the same old veiw. The same veiw. Over and over and over and over again. 

Nichelle?

"You know, I thought you were a really shitty person when I first met you.." Nichelle confessed. "But, you really get me, I-i never had that happen before." Nichelle slightly blushed as she finished. The girl stopped zoning out and looked over at Nichelle.

"I never thought I would heat that, thanks?" Millie slightly smillied as Nichelle started tk ush slightly more. Nichlle slightly moved her hand closer to Millies as she finished talking. 

Nichelle!! Can you hear me?

Nichelle!!

The girl immediately snapped back to reality. She was still on the balcony, and Millie wasn't there. 

"Holy shit! Thought you wouldn't come back to me!" Said Damien. Oh yeah. Nichelle looked at the boy with a blank stare for a while. Tears felt like they were forming into her eyes as she realized where she was and what events had happened before.

Millie was gone. She had been for about 2 years now. She was the Captain now. She wasn't just a helper to her anymore. The girl quickly hugged Damien, still processing the events thathade happened. Nichelle sobbed into his shoulder as he patted her on the back. The girl looked up to the veiw. The same veiw her and Millie looked over. The same old veiw. Tears started to fork again. 

The two spent a large amount of their time staring at the balconys view, but she never thought how much it would affect her when Millie would disappear. Nichelle started to sob even more o to Damiens shoulder.

"Look, I know it's hard to be here without Millie, I get it, I also miss her. But, we need to stay strong," Damien put his hand on Nichelles shoulder, "for her. She would've been proud, Nichelle. We need to keep going for her." 

Nichelle stared at Damien for a few seconds before finally forming a small smile. The girl hugged him again shortly after he finished. 

She had to keep going. For her.

(I'll post the art later, it's about to be 12am for me rn and I'm too tired)