out the window

"Wake up, Alice." I heard a man's voice echo through my tired ears. I opened my eyes and took in the surroundings. A man with a gray mustache looked down at me with a smirk. His hair was neatly pulled back and his wrinkles deemed him an age of about 60. His blue eyes smiled as I began to show signs of being alive. I groaned with pain.
"That was quite a chase down you put us through. You're a very beautiful woman, but a lot of work." He walked away from me and sat down in a small, white, office chair.
"I don't think you realize how lucky you are. We've been looking for an Omega like you for a while. You're just a lovely specimen." The old man stared at me like a prized milk cow, and from what I got of his attitude towards me, I must be. I balled my skirt up in my palm, tugging it closer to my body. I wanted to open my mouth, to protest, to say anything at all really, but the unwavering despicableness of his figure kept my mouth shut and my eyes peeled. Like there were snipers on me from every angle, and if I made him so much as twitch an eyebrow, my brains would be some new abstract decor in the bare bones room.
"See, we've come very far from our first fertilization experiment, but there's only so much you can do with the same genes. We've had difficulties with genetic disorders due to inbreeding issues. That's where you come in. A fine, fresh, new blood. New genetics to add to the pool. One single DNA strand could change all of our future. That's why you're the key."
He paused, waiting for me to interject with a question.
"Me? Why do you need me?" I managed to get out. He looked satisfied.
"Well, nobody here is completely pure blooded, not even our Alphas and Omegas. So, we needed to find a way to get pure blood, one without the genetic modification of our world, which would only be found before the nuclear meltdown. Unfortunately, taking someone from that era without significantly changing the future is quite difficult. That's why you were just perfect! Apparently you didn't accomplish anything in your life in the past, so removing you from the timeline didn't affect the future at all. How wonderful is that!"
I blinked as a sudden wave of misery washed over me. I thought about all the work, all the studying, all the dreams I had in University. I had always guessed I would return to college one day or something. This can't be real. I do nothing worthwhile? Ever? I live my whole life and die without a single achievement? I couldn't help tears from stinging my eyes, even with the milk cow appraising bastard in front of me.
"I don't want to be some breeder for your sick game. If you want to fix your lack of genes so badly, go kill off the ass who started the nuclear war in the first place!"
"Why would we want to change the future? We love our world as it is!" He smiled brightly, not caring about the devastation he had brought on me.
"Fuck you!" I pulled on the restraints. No budget.
"Now that's quite mean. You're the most valuable thing to us, the only pure breed on the planet. Now that you are more familiar with what's happening, put this on." He tried to hand me a gold pin, only to realize I was still tied on the table I had woken up on. With a sigh, he pinned onto my clothing himself.
"Don't touch me you creep!" I pulled away, the leather restraints creaking. His face fell into a murderous look, but he covered it in a smile quickly.
"This is your Omega+ pin. This shows others your high standing and that they should respect you. Since you are so special we even customized it so that even the Omega +'s will treat you as their queen!" He bursted out with a practiced laugh, the same coldness a politician would have. I came to the conclusion that + must mean some even higher tier, if that's such a big deal.
"Alright I'll have someone come and show you around once you're ready!" He got up and strode out of the room with a confident posture. The automatic door shut quickly and disappeared into the white wall. The restraints opened and I was left there, my world upside down.
I got up and began looking around. It was a circular room, the walls and floor made up of white shiny material that reflected my own milky face. There was a window overlooking the city below. I glanced out, and took in the gaudy look of my new world. There were floating cars, white skyscrapers, giant trees and glass tubes acting as bridges between the buildings. I couldn't see past a white wall surrounding the area, so I guessed I was in that 'fertilization plant' that the lady before was talking about.
It looked like any futuristic world looked like in a movie. There was a mirror on the other side of the wall and next to it was a wardrobe of some kind. I took a greedy glance at the mirror as I walked by.
My hair was washed and my skin looked great. They must have showered me or something, they even gave me a touch of makeup. My clothes looked foreign on my body. Torn and dirty, it was almost sad. I really liked that outfit too. I unpinned the 'Omega' pin and looked through the closet that was given to me. I wasn't surprised to see that same ugly uniform that they forced everyone else to wear as the first two options, I gave a good over the top gag.
I sorted through the other offers to see two gaudy outfits. The first one was a dress, its sleeves were long and disgustingly frilly. The sleeves themselves were tight and white, with lace crisscrossing up the arms, which were mercilessly covered by giant kimono like blue sleeves. The rest of the dress ended above my knee and was well ruffled as well, with a corset lace back and clip front. The skirt was adorned with jewels and ribbons that made detailed designs. I slowly passed by the monstrosity, keeping an eye on it in case it came alive and tried to kill me.
The second outfit was less brilliant, but no less luxurious. It was made up of a deep red tunic made of soft velvet. The front of the tunic ended at about two inches above my knee, the back stretching further down and pleating into gentle waves. The collar was a halter style, tied together with a bow that fought to keep the heavy material up for its little silk life. At first I thought no pants would come with it as well until a pair of sheer tights fell off and onto the floor.
I raked through the closet again to find anything at all that didn't look like a wedding cake or a met gala carpet, but to my woes, I was greeted by nothing. I removed the velvet tunic from its hanger and slipped it on. The size fitted me perfectly, if not a little small. My boobs were practically locked into it with hidden wiring, which made me breathe a sigh of relief. You can't ever really trust halter tops. I turned to the mirror to see my reflection, the ensemble completed, the golden pin pulling it together.
It hit me then. I was being sold off. I was being adorned in jewels to sell me off. Immediately, I began unlacing everything. No way, no way was I going to be paraded around as a fancy uterus.
As I was moments away from putting my own shirt back on, the door opened and my hands were held behind my back. It was one of the creepy smiling guys.
"The Producer is awaiting your arrival to the plant with great expectations. I am your chaperone, allow me to guide you there."
I pulled my arms out of his hand lock and gave myself a second to actually process what was happening. The secretary said something about Omegas and Alphas mating using pick and choose egg and sperm. No pregnancy and....no sex. No sex? No sex?
Oh god, I need to get out of here.
I turned around and ran out of the open door and past the giant smiling men. My ankle began hurting and I remembered the twist from before, but I couldn't stop now. I turned the corner and slammed straight into a tall man, causing us both to tumble onto the ground like bowling pins. I raised my dizzy eyes and met his, a dark color of oak, so rich I could even call it red.
This man was not one of the smiling men, he was beautiful, to the point it was scary. He looked like he crawled out of renaissance painting, with pallid skin, dark, plentiful hair that moved with the lightness of fairy wings, and a thin down turned nose. His jawline was sharp enough to be a certified weapon and he was slender but not in a sickly way. His beauty was only increased by his low ponytail tied together with a silk red bow (much like my own) and the gentle earrings, ruby's dangling in the cold light of the hallway.
He glared down at me like I was trash and that pushed me out of my admiration. I stumbled forward and ran down the corridor and down a flight or two of stairs until I opened into a giant room bustling with gorgeous men, women, and androgynous people. Some were typing, filming, talking, and some were simply eating a strange looking meal. They all turned to stare at me.
There were a few audible gasps and then I could hear the clip clomp of boots running down the stairs. I hurried toward the nearest flight of stairs where I was grabbed roughly and made immobile. It was the man from before.
"How dare you run into me with such disrespect. Have you got some sort of brain defect?" He hissed each word with a special kind of distaste, like one would have for a cockroach. I glared. The smiling men ran toward me and stopped upon seeing him holding me. They thanked him with a bow and reached for my arms. He didn't let me go.
"Don't worry Sentinel, I'll take care of her."
"Fuck you." I spat. Complete silence. Not even the sentinels smiled.
"What?" He grimaced. I narrowed my eyes.
"You heard me." I muttered. He frowned.
"Do you know who you're talking to?" He took his hand off me, allowing me to stand up straight. He didn't even look at me.
"I really don't care." I said, and it was true. This whole place is weird, I couldn't care less about their stupid set hierarchy. He turned, looking down on me.
"I'm an Alpha-" He stopped. His eyes seemed to finally land on my pin, the one the old man had given me. A sharp eyebrow raised up as he scanned me up and down. The appraisal, I assumed.
"Do you need something?"
He looked at me again, eyebrow still cocked.
"How disappointing." He sneered before walking away, the heels of his shoes snapping on the shiny floor. I was left bewildered for only moments before I felt shadows cascade down on my own. The "Sentinels" were closing in on me. My eyes darted for a second, trying to find another way out, only stopping on a bright and open window. I didn't let myself think any further before I was sprinting across the room and with a quick hop, I leapt from the floor and into the sky. A heard a brief second of gasps before the wind picked up. To my surprise, I was only falling for a brief second, before I landed hard on the glass roof of a sky bridge. The man beneath me fell to the floor in horror as I stared down at him. I was caught at least 50 feet in the air with nowhere to go. I looked down. A web-like pattern of glass tubes sprawled out below me. I found a place to go. Down.