Keeping it Together

The next day at school, you were placing things in your locker, specifically your math textbook that you had taken home from the previous day to work on math homework. You sighed as tried to take your mind off of last night events. You tended to your own wounds as you refused to let your cousin and his boyfriend help you. The last thing you wanted was to look even more pathetic- God, how could you be so stupid to let your guard down? 

You had a bandage on the bridge of your nose, as you had a cut from the impact of falling face-first on the ground. It was also a tad swollen where the bandage was, so you had hoped that the bandage would hide or compress the swelling down. You weren't able to do anything about your busted lip, it was unfortunately something that everyone would be able to see. The blood was dried, but there was a visible bruise and a cut that formed which wasn't enough to go and get treated for stitches, but any more and you probably would've had to see a doctor. 

Today you tried using your hair more to cover your face, and avoid people to the best of your ability. You didn't want people to see the injuries on your face, you didn't want to have to go through explaining what you had experienced. If you were able to keep quiet about it, that would've made your day much easier. 

A hand from behind had trapped you against the lockers, as a broad body had pushed against you, forcing your back against the colder metal. Your eyes slowly followed the toned chest upwards, and your eyes met with Clyde's. He was close, a bit too  close. 

"Holy shit, Y/N." His eyes went a bit wide, immediately wiping the flirtatious smirk off his face. Instead of his flirtatious grin, it was replaced with a concerned frown as he looked you deep in the eyes. "What happened?!" 

God damn it. The words, the question you didn't want to hear. Why'd someone have to notice this early? There's a high chance that the others would've been told now, you knew that Clyde wasn't capable of keeping things to himself- or he'd cause a fuss about trying to figure out what happened. Your breathing hitched, you didn't think you were able to speak about it, not again. Your breathing sped up as you tried to keep it together, keep yourself from crying and breaking down. The lump in your throat formed as you tried your best to keep it down, it's almost as if your body just wanted to make you look like a crybaby. The tears burned your eyes, and that was it. That's all that it took for the water works to continue. You felt as the warm tears escaped from your eyes, and streamed down your cheeks. 

He sighed softly, as he pulled you into a tight hug, one hand rubbing the back of your head as the other was squeezed tightly around your back. Your face was buried in his chest as you only continued to cry, hiding your face the best you could so that nobody could see you were crying. The warmth was comforting and soothing to you. You hadn't expected him to stop his flirtatious antics to actually care about your feelings, which was a nice surprise. You didn't know if you'd react well to a flirtatious attempt today. 

Craig and Tweek were walking through the hallway, and noticed that Clyde was trying to comfort you. The two then ran over, to try and see if there was anything they could do to help you feel better. Your cousin was worried to death about the possibility of more being done to you, as Mysterion hadn't gone into detail about just what he'd seen. While Craig knew he wasn't good at comforting, he knew he could at least be the one to protect, or to kick someone's ass. This was a serious problem, if nobody had recognized the male from last night, it made it all more terrible of a situation, as nobody would've known what the motive was. 

"I-is everything ACK-! Everything okay?" Tweek quickly made his way up to you and Clyde. He had a look of concern across his face as he looked between you two. "Wh-what happened?" 

"I just tried asking what happened to her; it upset her pretty bad." Clyde explained to the two boys, and flashed them a look of confusion. "I won't pry, but... it just better have not been anyone we know, to injure a beautiful face." He felt his teeth grind against each other as he spoke a bit defensively about you now.