I

(A/N: This was supposed to be a sequel from that Doramitsu regency fic I've written a long time ago. But plot bunnies came out of me and decided that "oh hey wait a second. Why don't we make a multichaptered crossover regency period fic series between Tokyo Revengers and Blue Lock in the world Bridgerton?" And here you go. This is the second part of this series with Maisenju as the main pairing. Takes place after the events of the first series of this fic, "sweet liaisons." I don't own anything from this franchise. Respective ownership belongs to Muneyuki Kaneshiro and Yusuke Nomura for this wonderful manga and Julia Quinn for this romantic book and series.)

"Senju! Are you done yet? You're going to be late for the special occasion arranged by the Queen herself. It's not a good image for a lady to be tardy." Her older brother, Takeomi, admonished her from downstairs while Senju struggled adjusting the straps of her corset inside her room.

"Give me a few minutes! This dress is bollocks! Why do I even have to wear this ridiculous thing in the first place?!" Senju exclaimed indignantly as she finally laced the straps successfully around her torso but not before holding her damn breath for a few minutes.

Jesus Christ.

Why do women like her must suffer from these societal expectations in the first place?

"It's not that hard to put on the corset if you listen carefully to what the teacher has been teaching to you before!" Takeomi replied in exasperation. "Also, Haru get the carriage ready so that we won't be late this evening!" He added.

"I'm on it!" Haruchiyo's voice rang from the background.

Senju tuned them out and focused on putting the gown next to her body.

"If you're not down here yet within a minute, I'll go up there to see what's the problem!" Takeomi's annoying voice rang out again.

"Hold your horses! I'm done already!" Senju yelled back in exasperation.

With a one, last inspection on her frame and face in the mirror, she quickly went out and closed the door behind her and walked downstairs.

"Finally!" Takeomi exclaimed before he inspected her critically from head to toe.

"Not bad. Although next time try it with your hair down in curls. That seemed to be the thing these days." He commented.

Senju rolled her eyes. "Oh hush. I tried my best in making a French braid for this occasion. The least you can do is take notice of them naturally." She replied in a grumpy voice as she walked diligently inside the carriage.

They finally reached the palace wherein several guests and royal families were already present and going inside.

Senju grew nervous.

Even if she was naturally born confident and used to be under the scrutiny of other people, this was still different because she was facing the Queen at this event.

Her Majesty will choose tonight who will be crowned as the Diamond girl this year.

Senju had no patience for events like this. She'd rather go to the forest and hunt some wild boars or practice fencing while she's at it.

But alas, if there were advantages in being born in an upper-class, royal family there were disadvantages as well.

Especially if she's the only female sibling of the Akashi family and a princess, nonetheless.

The responsibility fell on her to carry their name in the social class and mingle herself with the ladies in the same social stratum and earn herself a status befitting of a princess and marry off an earl or duke for that matter.