chapter-7 Arthur's Family.

Stella attended all her classes with Fiona at the college. In the evening, they went back to their hostel after the college ends.

Starlake Manor

At around six in the evening, all members of Sean Mason’s family come back. In the spacious living room, Sean was sitting with his wife Cynthia Walker on the couch. On another couch was sitting a very young and handsome boy of around twenty-two . He has mixed features of his parents Sean and Cynthia. His name is Ian Mason. 

In the family Arthur has the looks of his Grandfather and his father Sean. Arthur mostly has one expression on his face that is his straight face without any smile. He rarely smiles. In front of his family he somewhat relaxes him and smiles a little. 

The second son of Sean Mason is Ian. Ian is a very famous actor. With his good looks and friendly personality, he has a large fan base. He has worked in a lot of movies, dramas since the age of nineteen. He had won many prizes for his acting and became the best actor in the country. 

The third child of Sean Mason is a daughter named Anna Mason. She is the heart of the whole family. Everyone dots on her. Her every demand is being fulfilled in this household. She has perfect features and is very beautiful. She has similar features as her mom.She has a very loving and joyful personality. She is very straightforward in nature.

She was sitting on the same couch as Ian and playing games on her mobile phone. She is currently eighteen and in the last year of her school. This year she is giving her college entrance exam. 

They all are waiting for old Mr. Mason in the living room. 

Ian said to Sean “ Dad, what do you think why grandpa has called all of us here so urgently? I am shooting in another city and I have to stop filming for grandpa's order.”

Anna also stopped playing and said “ Exactly, I have a very important class in the evening but I have to miss the class to attend this dinner.”

Cynthia said “ Seems like you both don't want to come back home. Right? It's ok, you both can go back, we'll tell your grandfather that you both have some urgent work so you guys can't attend the dinner.”

Ian and Anna said “ Seriously mom, can we go back?”

Cynthia playfully said “ Of course, you can. But let me remind you, if you guys go back today, you both will miss the big news about your brother that your grandpa wants to announce.”

Ian said “ The big news? Is it related to big brother? Ha ha… Then I'll stay and watch the whole drama with popcorn in my hand.”

Anna also agreed with Ian. She also wants to watch a big drama. In reality there are a few moments where her brother did something wrong. He was always responsible. She wants to know what his brother has done that he becomes the focus of tonight's dinner. 

Sean just listened to her wife and children talking to each other from the side. He was also curious to know what his father had in mind. 

Cynthia worriedly asked Sean “ Hubby, why hasn't Arthur back yet?”

Sean said “ Don't worry. He must be on his way back home. He has a lot of work to handle at the company maybe that's why he was late.”

Cynthia said “ He has a lot of responsibilities. You can help him, but you didn't want to. You are also the chairman, you should also help him and lighten his burden.”

Sean said “ Darling, I have already done my part of work in my time. Nowdays there is time of young people. What's wrong with my son to handle work. In this way I can spend my most time with my lovely wife.”

Cynthia rolls her eyes at him and said “ You shameless. Can't you see children are here.”

Sean said to Ian and Anna “ Did you both hear something? Hmm?”

Ian and Anna felt his eyes on them and said “ No dad, we didn't hear anything.”

Sean approvingly nodded and said to Cynthia “ See, they didn't hear anything.”

Cynthia didn't know what to speak futher in front of his shamelessness, so she remain seated quietly. 

Just then Old Mr Mason descended from the stairs. He looks in a good spirit. Today he wore new clothes all branded, his hair are perfectly combed. He doesn't look like a seventy hmuear old man at all. 

Ralph comes down and eveybody greets him. Ralph smiled at everyone. He looks happy to see his son, daughter-in-law, and his grandchildren. 

He noticed that Arthur was missing. He scolded him “ Where this Arthur is? I had personally called him to ask him to come back. But he doesn't listen to me. He dares to disobey me. Sean call your son and asked him to come here right away.”

Ralph ordered Sean. Sean took out his phone and dialled Arthur's number, a ringtone sounded from the direction of the gate. Everyone's looked to see Arthur standing there with his straight face and no expression. 

Sean cuts the call and said to Arthur “ Arthur,you came. Your grandfather was just asking about you.”

Arthur comes in the living room and greets his grandpa and parents. His parents replied him very sweetly but Ralph didn't say anything. He just nods at him and asked “ Why are you late? Didn't I tell to come on time.”

Arthur non chalantly said “ I am just five minutes late. And it's not like that without me the dinner can't happen.”

Ian and Anna are watching the drama unfold. They want to see how his grandfather reacts. Everytime they both meets, they always bicker with each other.  

Ralph was so angry at Arthur that he wants to reprimanded him but thinking about the reason of this dinner he calms down. 

Ralph then happily said “ Come on let's have dinner everyone. I have prepared everyone's favourite dishes.” 

Ian and Anna can't understand their grandpa's behaviour. But after seeing Ralph's mood Sean and Cynthia somewhat get the reason. And Arthur already knows why his grandfather behaved so happy today, so he didn't say anything. 

Whatever reason of Ralph’s happy mood they all become happy just seeing him in a good mood. They all went to the dinning room to have dinner. 

How will everyone react after knowing the reason of his good mood? Will Arthur agree with Ralph decision? 

Continue to read my story and do like, comment and follow me…