Story 3 - The Darkness Within

Elusive forces have always been a challenge for humanity to overcome. As predators, it's in our nature to pursue and conquer. However, in this current reality, the world seems to have turned upside down, and the shadows appear to conceal an inescapable entity. One such formidable force is known to me as 'The Darkness Within.'

This individual embodies the shadowy reality of the world, relishing the challenge of being questioned. Their responses are often laced with counter-arguments and viable questions that may seem far-fetched, even for someone of high intelligence.

I've always suggested him to be with the police, but he rather enjoys his freedom of being a magician. I always wondered if there was something more to his story, as he never mentions anything about his past, his love life, or his family. It seems as if I'm looking at a living shadow. His outfit was also quite obnoxious, but abnormally, was also ballistic at the same time.

He's always drenched with black gear such as a black three-piece suit, along with a black shirt, a black tie and bowtie, a black hat, and a pair of black Ray-Ban sunglasses, even at night. This eerie feeling about his existence finds me questioning myself all the time, "Who, I mean, What the actual fuck is he?"

And then, one day, I finally knew who he was, all thanks to that old hag. About 2 weeks before the time when I knew his secret, I was faced with a challenge. A rich-ass businessman was killed in broad daylight by a masked man, and nobody even heeded in the direction where the murderer escaped.

Everyone was busy collecting the money, which had been spilled from the guy's handbag. Everyone was astounded to learn that the businessman's private company, Racksmith, was raided by the authorities. They found out that almost $250 billion worth of black money was hidden in a secret bunker, 10 stories underground.

The company was then bankrupted in the span of the next 2 days. Since I had well-established acquaintance with many cops, I had some inside knowledge about the murder. The cops informed me about a possible suspect, he or she worked part-time in the company. Possibly this could be true, or could be false. But I can't be sure.

But I knew for a fact that someone, whom I have acquaintance with, might know something or the other about this shit. I tried contacting 'The Darkness Within', but since he has never been seen with a phone and I don't know his whereabouts, I just prayed to God and entreated him to provide me with some enlightenment.

But something much worse happened. About a week after the incident, the businessman's wife was also killed, but this time in her bedroom. Her body was completely disfigured and was drenched in blood. The police had already given up on finding the killer, as the killer was one of the smartest people they'd ever encountered.

After another weekly research on this topic, I went to my favorite spot, a nearby hill, as I overlooked the sunset. The magician appeared from behind and joined me.

"Long time no see, dear twin brother." I chirped

"You finally figured it out. I tried my best to hide my face as I changed my appearance a bit with make-up and all. My outfit was the best I've designed in years, making it almost impossible for you to recognize me. Then how? Your cleverness?"

"The day when you killed our father, I knew for a fact that it was you. Mom's death was just another proof I needed. Your alias, this magician's disappearance, and of course the most obvious, your arrival here at the same spot where our parents abandoned me as I suffer from schizophrenia. They separated us as twins. They left me to rot while you lived in luxury.

"What luxury? I was once almost beaten to death by our 'so-called' dad for buying a toy gun. A stupid, god-damn toy gun that never even worked properly to begin with! I hated him from that day, along with the fact that because of him, we separated. As for mom, well she got what she deserved for conning hungry men. That's it! I rest my case. Hand me over to the cops."

"Rather than that, let's leave this country, and settle in a new place, but this time, together." He dramatically grasped my hand.

"Together. Light would always outshine the darkness."

Now I leave it to you guys to figure out if I'm hallucinating my brother, because of my schizophrenia, or not.