INTERMISSION /// THIRD

Location - Ruined City

V1 and Marian sprinted over towards the rendezvous point hearing the sound of gun fire possibly from either Raptures or allies or both. Now V1 could have easily reached over to the gun fire and taken care of the problem. But he didn't want to risk Marian getting ambushed by any nearby Raptures.

Speaking of her, he glanced over towards her noticing her having a slight limp in her run, his eyes narrowed a bit. "Marian, do you want me to carry you?" He asked.

"E-eh!?" Marian made a rather cute sound of shock at his sudden question, a scarlet red blush appeared on both her face and ears, her pupils dilating slightly as well.

V1 not understanding that much as to why she gave that reaction just tilted his head to the side. "What? Is something wrong?" He asked more concerned now.

Marian still a little buzzed out at the idea of being held by her blue haired commander shook her head comically. "No no no! Not at all! It's just... I wasn't expecting you to ask me that." She quickly said, quelling his worry somewhat.

"What do you mean? You're injured, it's a standard to carry an injured comrade is it not?" He said in an obvious manner.

Marian had a tired look on her face as she sighed, she may as well be carried by him since she could barely keep up running at 70 MPH constantly. "T-that's true... Sure, go-ahead commander. But be gently please." She softly pleaded.

V1 rolled his eyes with a small sigh.

"Alright... Just give me a second to-Waaah!"

Marian yelps as she felt herself suddenly lifted off the ground into V1's arms, she blinked rapidly in shock, she gradually began to calm down with her blush back on her face even more red than before.

"C-commander, at least give warning before doing something like that!" She angrily stammered, looking at him with a glare.

V1 just looked at her with a neutral gaze before looking forward and beginning to continue running with Marian holding onto his neck with a deadpan on her face.

"Why even bother telling YOU that?" She grumbled sighing with dazed expression.

The blue haired cyborg just continued to stay silent as he swiftly made his way past every obstacle and debris with inhuman agility and athleticism, all while holding onto Marian making sure she does not get hurt once.

"Wow... You're really fast commander, everything looks like a blur..." Marian whispered in amazement. 

"We're even almost at the rendezvous point as well!"

V1 just continued to move with a small smirk building on his face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location - Rendezvous Point, Ruined City

The sounds of bullets and explosions can be heard as two Nikkes both of them blonde but dressed differently, one in black and yellow, and the in black and red, the two fought off all the seemingly endless Raptures coming towards them.

The blonde in the black and yellow jacket grunted in annoyance realizing she may run out of ammo soon if this keeps up.

"Ugh, damnit... Hey! How long are we gonna wait here!?" She yelled over at her fellow blonde in black and red.

The woman kept firing her weapon clearing out a few hundred Raptures before quickly taking cover to reload. "Until they come." She answered with a neutral expression.

The busty blonde in black and yellow grunted at her simply response before quickly getting back out of covering and taking fire. "But we're sitting ducks out here!" She retorts, firing off more grenades toward all incoming Raptures, only taking cover when she gets nicked on her shoulder and torso.

She grits her teeth going back to cover once more, glaring over at the woman in red and black, who just gives her, her usual neutral stare back.

"We'll wait, until they come." She repeated once more.

"Ugh... I Swear you're like a drone sometimes no motion whatsoever." She groaned, shaking her head. "Besides, didn't you see how hard they went down?!" The blonde further pointed out.

The other blonde in black and red, looked down for a moment in thought.

"And that explosion as well! What are the odds of them coming out of that alive!?" The Nikke in black and yellow added.

After a moment of thinking, the other blonde in black and red sighed. "We haven't received any confirmation of death." She replied.

Once again, the more brash blonde of the two groaned. "What, so we're just gonna wait here until we do?" She sarcastically asked.