19.

TRACY'S POV:

That morning I refused to get out of bed, I was pretty sure I didn't get any sleep all through the night either. Titi marched into the room almost naked, ignoring me again since two days now and was moving around as if I wasn't present in the room.

"When are you leaving my house?", Titi finally said. " You know you can't hide here".

I wasn't surprised either, she had been like this since I got here and I knew she was just angry. Nana was the only one who had supported my decision but staying at Nana's meant I would have to babysit for her too and that was never in my book at all. I loved children, but Nana's son was a handful.

"You're sending me away right", I told Titi, she continued to ransack her wardrobe. "I never said I was leaving George, I just needed some ti- "

"Time to fucking do what?", she cuts me off angrily. "Time for what exactly uh, this guy loves you and now he is ready to have you and all you could do to him was run away and hide? Right now I don't know if I should throw you out of my house or leave the house for you sef, I am just watching how foolishly you've been following Nana's advice", she began to clap her hands towards me. " Nana is a single mother and any advice from her is cow poop, you get me". She paused for a while. "Wait why are you running and hiding? What is chasing you?"

"I wasn't runn- ".

She cut me off again, "am not done yet Tracy. Let me ask you, what do you want. What the hell do you want? What ".

"Nothing Titi, I swear to God I love George and you all know this. I wasn't expecting things to move this fast. Truth is I'm scared okay, scared."

"Why?", Titi found a bigger gown and put it on before sitting close to me on the bed. "This guy loves you, he's brought you so much peace that I feel it too. If you're still using his past stories you heard about him now, then girl you better shine up. This is the longest we've ever seen you in and you look so much happier Tracy, I want this for you and you know it's something you've always dreamt about".

" I trust George, I just want to be sure about the whole thing. I miss him so much too, it hurts me that I'm keeping him in the dark".

I slowly picked up my phone, his messages where all over the place. WhatsApp, SMS, Twitter, Insta, my LinkedIn, God He was desperate. I wasn't listening to Titi anymore so I scrolled through messages from him, my heart ached at the context. I didn't know which one to reply to, I put the phone down. When he had asked me that question that night, I knew this was what I had always wanted but my body did the opposite. I just knew I ran away, but not out of his life.

He had asked me to marry him in a more bizarre state, I was still trying to get over the pills he threw away and he popped up such question. I was just settling in with our feelings and was just beginning to trust his entirety, the marriage part had never occurred to me so it was a more confusing thing to me.

George was everything I have always wanted, everything good, saucy I could have wished for. I looked at Titi and just nodded, I wasn't listening to her at all.

"How about I invite him over tonight, uh what you say uh".

"You think he would come?", after ghosting him for days I didn't want to look like the bad person. I knew George would come but I didn't want it to go that way, I wanted to do it all by myself. I wanted to fix it by myself.

"He loves you, why won't he wanna show up. Where's my phone?", Titi said before running out of the room.

I already knew what I had to do, but not now. I lay back again, hoping this time I was going to get some sleep.