Chapter 5. Final decisions

Y/N POV

It's the next day since I found out my only choice to 'survive' would be to run away...but...I have nowhere to go. No family, no friends, seriously nothing. I would die in less than a week. If I'm going to run away, I should perfect my plan. No detail cant be overlooked. I just don't know where to start. It's not like I've ever tried to run away before so this is the first and most likely the only time I'll have to run away. So alot of thought needs to be put into this.

I get up and decide to visit the library again. Maybe I can find something about princess Ravens life that might lead me to where she is now...if she's not dead that is. As I was making my way to the library I heard someone yell out my name. "Y/N!!" they called out. I swiftly turned around to see my father. I was really hoping for the voice to be some guard. "Yes father?" I reply to him. He arrogantly starts talking "Where on God's green Earth do you think you're going?" by the end of the sentence I could hear him panting and slightly gasping for air. Then realization hit me... he's getting old.

Even though he's a horrible man, I can't help but feel sad. I mean, he is my father. I have no other... Seeing your parents get older is so heartbreaking.

"Well Y/N?" My fathers voice broke me out of my thoughts. I look up to see my father demanding a explanation. "I-I was just going to the library father..." He sighs and goes back downstairs. He doesn't like when I read books but he knows he can't stop me, so he lets me be.

"Father!" I yell down the stairs. My father turns around quite confused. "I love you..." I say I almost a whisper. He just turns around and keeps walking. I sigh at the thought I tried to be a good daughter. I turn around and go back to waking to the library.

I open the two big doors of the library and started searching for any book that has mentioned princess Raven even once. I searched for those answers like my life depended on it. Because it did. After hours of searching, I took the books that had princess Raven in them and took them back to my room.

I sat down on my bed and started overanalyzing every each and single sentence. No detail can't be missed. If I run away and I guess the wrong place, I can end up dead. Or worse, a wife to a stranger. By the time I was finishing up with overanalyzing, I heard the dinner bell.

I tried to not get mad it for ringing. I get up from my bed and walk downstairs to the big dining room. But instead of some low-calorie meal, there was...food. Actual real food! I didn't trust it though. I mean, real food? Are my parents trying to poison me? I look up from my meal and saw my parents talking, like every dinner. I decide to eat it no matter how much I don't trust it. I would eat anything at this point.

I get up after finally finishing eating and leave the dining room. I just know that they're up to something. That was the biggest hint of them all. I run back to my room and lay down on my bed, but not before I reread the books about Raven... She might be the only one that can help me.

I guess this is my final decision. I'm running away. Raven I don't know if you can hear me, but please be alive... I can't do this without you

Authors note

No one is reading the new book yet 💔💔 also I'm making a cover for this book!!!