12 : Guilty / pt.2

PART TWO : GUILTY

MINNIE POV

FLASHBACK ONE YEAR AGO

I had a long day with the group. Cube has been overworking us like crazy ever since Queencard era started.

I've been moving from studio to studio and shoots and etc. I'm so exhausted, I don't think I can handle this anymore.

As I'm arriving next to the exit door I see paparazzi and fans.

"They found my location?" I ask my bodyguard from next to me. This is not what I need right now.

"Is there another exit?" I ask my bodyguard. He shakes his head in negation.

I sigh.

I start to walk out the door and I'm glad they were only 4 reporters and a few fans. If I stayed any longer it would be more.

"A few questions Minnie!"
"Please for an autograph!"
"You're my bias, Minnie!"

CLICK CLICK CLICK

My ears are only hearing the clicks of cameras and the sounds of hungry reporters and insisting fans.

"Please, I'm not in the mood for autographs or questions." I say, loud and enough for them to hear me.

I start to walk away to the side walk as I want to get to my car parked on the side of the road.

"Minnie please!" A little boy with black hair says. "I'm sorry kid. I can't right now." I say gently.

My bodyguard shakes his head telling the kid to leave.

"Pretty please? I stream your music all the time and I love your dances your my bias-"
"Please, Leave." I say dryly.

As I kept walking the kid kept getting more persistent and touchy.

"Minnie!"
"Please!"

He keeps on yelling and yelling. It's already loud as it is.

"I said stop!" I scream at him.

The kid didn't listen and kept following me.

Without thinking I pushed him to the side way too hard and he ended up on the road.

"Oh no!"

I try rushing to him to get him off the road but before I could even put foot on the cement my bodyguard held me back.

"No! Let me go!" I yell. He holds me tighter.

"Please!"
"I'm sorry. Another bodyguard will go get him." He tells me.

I see someone else rush to the scene to get him but then I heard a loud horn.

BEEP BEEP
BEEP BEEP

Suddenly, the bodyguard that was supposed to go get the little boy with black hair moves away.

"Run! Run to me!" I tell the boy.
He's too shaken and scared to move.

"Please!"

The beeps just kept getting louder and louder as the boy wasn't moving.

The boy started crying and calling out for his mom. All I heard was crying and crying....

Until I didn't hear anything anymore.

Before I knew it the car was gone leaving a bloody mess behind it.

I tried to run up to him, hoping he'd have a pulse but my bodyguard only held me tighter.

I started to cry.

Please be okay, please be okay, please be okay.
I thought to myself.

From near me I heard gasps and shocked sounds.

"911! I'm at....street and..." I heard.

"Eun..." I said to the man who was holding me tight.
"I didn't mean to..."

"I know." He tells me. Instead of holding me he hugs me. I cry in his arms as I hear sirens approaching us.

A FEW DAYS LATER

"Hello. I would like to see Yojun Wook." I tell the person at the desk.

"Room 319. Visiting hours are over at 5:00." The woman says and points me to the elevator. My bodyguard sits behind as I enter inside.

As I'm inside, I click for the third floor. Once I get there I start looking for room 319.

I knock on the door and hear someone.

"Come in." Someone says.
I open the door and make my way in the small room painted with soft white and blue colors.

In front of me I saw the boy with black hair in a hospital robe with tubes inside him. My heart broke looking at him.

I did this to him. I caused this. It's all my fault.

Sitting on a chair was a woman who seemed to be his mother.

"Hello." I said to her shyly. She smiles faintly and looks at me. I notice the red tired eyes on her face.

"This is your son?" I ask her. She nods. "My one and only. And now he's stuck in a coma."

"I left him for too long. I always thought he was responsible for his age. He's only seven. I shouldn't have let him leave. I should have stayed with him." The woman breaks in tears.

I got up to hug her tightly.

"I'm so sorry." I tell her.

"Don't be sorry. At the end of the day it was only an accident." She says.

I'm assuming she already knows that I was the one who did this to her child.

But was it really an accident? I was really mad and annoyed. Sure, I wanted him to leave me alone but not in this way. I should've just given him the autograph.

"I swear, I didn't mean to." She pulls away from the hug and sighs.

"I'm not a greedy person. I would never accept hush money. But I'm poor and my son deserves a good funeral, at least." She explains.

"You seem like a good person Ms. Minnie but It'll take a little time to forgive you." She says while wiping tears away.

I break in tears at those words. I really didn't mean for this to happen. If I only stopped and took a moment to write on a stupid paper.

"Thank you so much," I start. "I should go now." I say. I wave goodbye stupidly to the boy stuck in a coma and leave with tears in my eyes.

I feel so guilty...I am guilty. I sigh.

I walk away and head back to the first floor where I meet my bodyguard.

"Hey." He says. "Hush money?" I tell him confused. I wasn't aware that they were giving hush money to the people who were there at the scene.

He nods. "It's the only way you can keep your reputation and job as an idol Ms. Minnie." He explains to me.

I feel bad about it but being a Kpop idol means everything to me. This situation is tragic and I've already lost part of myself but I don't want to lose my whole life.

I know this is wrong but I don't want to be hated by everyone out there if this gets out.

I guess hush money it is.

~~~~~~~~~
I really wonder how Karina got that video if she wasn't there at the moment.
I guess we'll have to find out....