Eternity Chapter 1: The Moirae Sisters

"She's waking up!"

"No, she's still sleeping."

"You're both wrong; She'll never wake up."

My eyelids felt so heavy, but I fought them and slowly opened my eyes. I felt dreary and jaded, yet so...alive! When I had last been awake, there was a mysterious voice making a deal with me. A deal that brought me life and immortality. Fooling fate would be worth feeling like this everday! Feeling alive! Being alive!

"How was your slumber?"

I looked around me. I was surrounded by three girls who looked almost identical. They all had various shades of blonde hair and stunning, sapphire eyes. They almost didn't look real.

"Where am I?" I managed to ask.

The darker-haired of the three eyed her look-alikes.

"Allow us to introduce ourselves."

The platinum blonde girl with bangs stepped forward, like it was routine that she go first.

"My name is Clotilde."

The golden and wavy haired girl stepped forward. She had long legs, hence her being the tallest.

"I'm Lacey."

And lastly, the dirty blonde girl with an evil glare stepped forward to align with the other two.

"I'm Atrophine. We're sisters. The Moirae sisters." Atrophine, at this point, gestured around the room, which had ivory plastered walls, a matching white dresser, and a bed beneath me with creamy bedsheets and pillow sets. What was this, a hospital?

Only now did I realize that my outifit was completely not mine--it was all white, matching the whole room and the clothing on the sisters that stood before me. Was this a dream or something?

 Atrophine looked at her sisters angrily. "Should we explain it all to her now?"

"I should say," Lacey stated matter-of-factly. "We wouldn't want to waste time playing supurfluous games, now would we?"

"Well, it would be right along the lines of the games Elaine likes to play," Atrophine said sarcastically, shooting me a glare.

I was too confused to speak.

"But, still, let us not waste our time holding our breath." Lacey turned her head to me. "Elaine Belle Allen, at long last we meet."

A sudden chill ran down my spine. For some reason I wasn't scared, but who could blame me? These were three blonde sisters, presumably triplets, what harm could they do to me?

None. I'm immortal.

"Who are you guys?"

"The Moirae Sister, were you listening at all?!" Atrophine scolded. "You're playing Alice's game, and it's fu-"

"Language, Atrophine!" Lacey warned.

Atrophine glared, but continued on. "Destiny is screwed up because of your stupid imortality game! Do you know where that puts us? We made you! And I cut the string of your life, too!"

"Things are happening that shouldn't be, and things that should won't. Our work is off and malfunctioning, because," Lacey scornfully looked at Atrophine. "Because of Alice." Atrophine still glared in my direction.

"Wait, wait," I stammered. "You guys are..."

"Fate. Yes."

"...Who's Alice?" I finally mumbled, still in shock.

"Someone looking for revenge...," Atrophine looked over to Clotilde who had been quiet the whole time. "We screwed her over, and she wants us to feel the pain we apperantly forced onto her."

Clotilde spoke up. "She's very powerful, not that we knew this. And she fooled you. She fooled us, too. Its put all of Destiny in danger." She sighed, showing a peak in her delicate voice. "Letting her win would mean losing. Giving up. That deal, you have to undo the deal!"

"But...My...Life," I started to protest.

Atrophine glared at me. "Life!? Are you serious!? You can't tell anyone you're...YOU!"

"Why the hell not!?"

"You can't just tell people about the afterlife It's sacred and...," Atrophine giggled. "Well you couldn't if you tried."

I opened my mouth to prove them wrong, but nothing came out. There was some error, some blockage. I couldn't explain my time after dying.

I could hardly even remember it.

 Clotilde bit her lip and stared at me. "We can explain everthing later. But...," She watched her sisters leave the room. "For now, just get some sleep."

She grinned sincereley and followed Atrophine and Lacey out the door.