chapter 1-coming back

the story will start after the preliminary stage Chuunin exam

We see a man walking down the path on a dirt road. He looks up and sees the huge gates of Konoha coming into view. He stood at an impressive 6'3" and had a lean fighter physique, which helped him to be fast and decisive but had power as well.

At the gates,

Guard 1: "The past few days have been so boring after the Chunin exam. There has been literally no activity at all."

Guard 2: "Yeah, but in about a month when the finals come around, we will have so much work. You will be begging for a break."

Suddenly, the guards noticed a figure approaching the gates. They saw a man wearing a black cloak, but what stood out was the silver hair. Only three people were known in Konoha for having such distinctive silver hair - Jiraiya, Kakashi, and lastly Toka Senju.

As Toka approached the gate, they both stood attentively. When he came near them, they bowed and greeted, "Welcome back, Senju-sama."

Toka greeted them back, "Thank you," and then he removed his ninja ID from his pouch and showed the guards for inspection. After checking and registering his arrival in the village log, he was allowed to enter.

Toka's POV:

Looking at the village, I saw the Hokage mountain with the faces of the four Hokage, and decided to meet the old man first and report to him. I took to the roof to reach there fast.

Hokage Office:

We see the Third Hokage smoking his pipe while overlooking the village he served his entire life for. He was proud of Konoha and its Will of Fire, which brought the people together. But he would be lying if his views of his own village had deteriorated drastically, especially because of their treatment of their resident Jinchuriki. Just the thought of the blond boy brought a bittersweet smile to his face. He loved Naruto like a grandson and did everything he could to provide for him, but at his age, with all the things going around him, he could only do so much. But the biggest problem was the council. The shinobi council was fine; they treated him with respect, and as most of the clan knew about Naruto's lineage and knew the difference between a scroll and a kunai. But their main problem was, except for the Inuzuka, Aburame, Nara, and Uchiha clans, at least what was left of it, everyone did not take action to help the blond. They were fine with him suffering even though they knew it was wrong, but clan image came first. As he was contemplating all this, his secretary suddenly called and said he had a guest, so he asked her to send the person in.

As he saw a person enter, he looked up to see a clone of Tobirama, except for the eye color and without the face marking. He smiled upon seeing his other surrogate grandson, Toka Senju, the prince of Konoha and the heir to the most prestigious clan in the village. He was born to Tsunade Senju after the Third War, following a night of drinking where she got pregnant by Jiraiya. After nine months, on May 10th, he was born. However, soon after, he was abandoned by both parents. Tsunade claimed he would be safer without her, as the people she loved tended to die, while Jiraiya said he needed to maintain his spy network. So, Hiruzen took on the responsibility of raising him as his own. Toka was younger than Asuma by four years, and they developed a brotherly bond. He was raised by Hiruzen with the help of his wife, Biwako, and the Namikaze family, forming a close bond with Minato and Kushina's daughter, Mito. They became the best of friends, and Kushina often teased them about ending up together, though that was a story for another time.

"Toka," said the young man, "Sensei, Toka Senju reporting back from a long-term S-rank mission." And also, I forgot to tell you, he was trained by Hiruzen. After Minato took over as Hokage, Hiruzen had free time, so he poured his knowledge and wisdom into Toka, molding him into one of the strongest shinobi in the ninja world.

"Ah, Toka, please come in and have a seat. We can discuss the mission details later. First, tell me, how are you?" asked Hiruzen.

"I am fine, Sensei. How are you and how are things in Konoha?" replied Toka.

"Well, everything is fine, but this job, at my age, is chipping away at my health every day, and I am simply tired," admitted Hiruzen.

Toka felt bad for his sensei. He knew he was just an old man who should be enjoying retirement, but here he was, grinding at this age.

"How is little Naruto? Is he fine?" Toka asked, worried. The last time he met Naruto was when he was four years old, but after that, he was assigned two long-term missions. Naruto probably forgot about him, but Toka used to send him gifts, and his and his sister's tab at Ichiraku Ramen was on the Senju clan account. Naruto ate a lot, but it was a minor dent in the Senju's huge fortune.

Hiruzen sighed and then responded, "Well, Naruto took part in the Chunin Exams and did pass the preliminary, but he just barely passed, and I think it was a fluke. With his sister busy in ANBU, she has barely any time to train him, and no one else is ready to train him."

"What about his Jonin sensei? It's Kakashi, right? Shouldn't he be training his sensei's son?" inquired Toka.

"Yes, I thought that at first, and hence I even placed him on the team, but it seems he is overly infuriated with the Uchiha to give a damn," replied Hiruzen.

"You know what? Who is training him for this month?" Toka raised an eyebrow at Hiruzen's hesitation, and then Hiruzen responded, "Jiraiya said he would train him when he arrives in two days."

Toka frowned at that. He didn't hate his parents; he was just indifferent to them, as he barely had any interaction with them anyway. But a while ago, he read a report on Naruto about how Naruto was overly loud and wore bright orange, and if you mixed Jiraiya into that, it would only get worse.

"Ask Jiraiya to give Naruto to me for two weeks, and in the last two weeks before the exam, he can take him for training," Toka suggested. Seeing Hiruzen frowning, he explained, "It's not about anything against Jiraiya; it's just that the first thing we need to fix about Naruto is his attitude. The training part Jiraiya can take care of, but his attitude needs to be fixed."

Hiruzen took in his words and agreed. Naruto was a hot-headed boy, but he wasn't a shinobi yet. However, he had such raw potential, and if tapped properly, he would be a beast of a shinobi.

"You're right. Okay, it's decided then. You take care of his training for two weeks, then Jiraiya takes over. But have you decided about the question I asked you last month in the letter?" Hiruzen inquired.

Toka took a deep breath and responded, "Yes, I will become the Fifth Hokage."