2-Midlands - Tavern & Trouble

They settled down for the night, Nomeid and Fallen still out. They had gone to a small alley nearby the tavern, Nomeid staying there for the night, the cold making her finally relax since her boiling outrage earlier on. Fallen felt as if he had frostbite, his entire body shivering profusely to show it. She couldn't feel the blistering cold, it simply felt like a small breeze was drifting along the darkened streets, the only light coming from dimly lit lanterns. Her thoughts were finally quieted, though they mostly were during the night, the cold being one of the only things to calm her down. Fallen had slumped to the floor, his breath seizing slightly, both of his eyes were locked onto Nomeid. She took a small notice of this, reaching a hand out to him, her fingers outstretched. His eyes opened wide as he grabbed out at her, his strength seemingly returning to him just by her gaze. Her boots scratched at the ground to try and escape his grip, it's power had increased on her hand. She could hear a small voice coming from Fallen, one that she didn't recognise at all.

"I am your doom, Nomeid Enns. You will not escape judgement from the Executioner of the Dead" - Fa

Her eyes transitioned to panic, she pulled at his grip, still not succeeding on escaping. She knew exactly who this was, this 'Executioner of the Dead'. It had been one of her most hated colleagues when she worked in Hell, it seemed the damned thing was after her. A powerful thing at most, smarter than anything she had met before. Fallen's grip had ceased on her as he collapsed to the ground, his face and hands ghost-white. His head smacked against the stone pavement, his skull made a loud clunky noise as it bounced lazily off of it.

"Fuck. Fallen are you alright down there?" - No

She placed a hand on his shoulder, she winced slightly at the sudden lack of warmth in her hand. She let go of him and looked at the palm of her hand, it looked white on her black, charcoal skin. She did her best to ignore that feeling, getting up and twisting Fallen over her shoulder. His weight was hard to carry, just bearable for Nomeid, even with her little strength. She stumbled over to the opening of the tavern, struggling to open the door with one arm around Fallen. The door suddenly opened up, the man from before standing at the opening.

"What is it?" - Man

"He's freezing out here, move it!" - No

She shoved him to the side with any extra strength she could, he didn't struggle at all, standing a couple centimetres to the left from where he'd originally been. He sighed loudly while staring at Nomeid, letting her in and giving her a key to a crooked door sat in the corner of the room. She walked over and opened it, as the door opened a blast of energy hit her, she breathed in and walked through. A small opening appeared in the room with Moejo, Almachu and the others, both Nomeid and Fallen dropped through. His breathing was ceasing, slowly but steadily going to a stop. Almachu saw him immediately and ran towards him, dropping to her knees and placing both hands on him.

"Nomeid what the hell did you do!?" - Al

She winced at the though of Almachu angry at her, and at the very thought of Hell itself. She looked down at Almachu, at Fallen, at everyone staring at her.

"He was too cold outside with me, seeing as he barely only wears that iron armour" - No

"Did you not think of that before you forced him outside with you?" - Al

"I didn't force him outside! What are you on about?" - No

"You got angry at the man downstairs, like you do with everyone! He made sure you were alright, but you forced him outside into somewhere he'd be hurt!" - Al

She looked directly at Almachu, her eyes opened wide, tears forming at the sides of them. She wiped them away immediately with her sleeve, she nodded and looked at Fallen.

"I apologise for this Fallen, thank you for this." - No

She turned and walked back towards the opening in the wall. The plates for her Iron Maiden starting to slide out of her skin. Almachu kind of turned her head to the side, confused slightly.

"Nomeid? What's happened?" - Al

Two objects appeared from a window nearest to Fallen, screws attached to horns. They clambered on quietly, moving towards Fallen, gaining more ground on him. Almachu hadn't noticed the horns, she had all her attention kept on Nomeid. She turned and saw the horns, they were now so close to Fallen, so close to his head? She had reacted too rate. The horns dug themselves into Fallen's head, blood spurted from each of his temples, his screams of agony seemingly closed off to the world. His mouth was contorting massively, his eyes were in the back of his head, the veins in his eyes were the only thing they could all see.

"No-Nomeid what's happening?" - Al

"Get away from him, now!" - No

Almachu had never seen this before, Nomeid was panicking. All that she was doing was observing, she couldn't move a single muscle to even try and help Fallen who had started convulsing next to her. A mass amount of energy began pulsing around him, forcing Almachu away from Fallen, pushing her towards Moejo. A small white orb began absorbing Fallen's arms and legs, slowly making its way up to his chest consuming the rest of him, its size increased by his entire body.

"Nomeid do something already! Moejo? Nina?" - Al

They were just as stunned as she was, Nomeid stood there just staring at the sphere that engulfed Fallen, her head was spinning, none of this really made sense to her. The sphere begun to move, it's colour shifting to a slight red then going to a deep maroon before finally stopping at black. A shadow of a large could be seen projected inside the orb, like a human though it's features seemed larger, pointier.

"Everyone back!-" - No

A large explosion covered the room, destroying it entirely, rubble covered the flooring and streets below them. Nomeid's eyes finally opened back up, she found something gripped around her neck. A large male reminiscent of Fallen stood above the rubble, seemingly standing on nothing but air itself. Fallen's suit of armour had been replaced by green robes, his boots changed into smart loafers. His hair had run amuck, long and black, though Fallen's had already been like that. His face was the same, though his grey eyes had been replaced with glowering yellow pupils. His name was Cladis, or most known as the Executioner of the Dead.

"So, the Iron Maiden finally decided to show her face. How lovely it is to see you again dear" - Cl

1164 words !!

This is one of my better chapters, idk how many I'm making but it's good enough.

Your's truly,
Smedgie