CHAPTER 1[CHILDHOOD]

Arjun, a standout student known for his intellectual brilliance and athletic prowess, was admired by teachers and peers alike. His sharp mind and exceptional athletic abilities made him the epitome of an ideal student. However, beneath his confident facade lay a reserved and sometimes domineering personality that kept others at arm's length.

In contrast, Preeti was a ray of sunshine with her infectious laughter and impressive academic achievements. Though her talents veered away from athletics, she possessed a charm that drew people to her effortlessly.

A year passed, and a twist of fate separated Arjun and Preeti into different classes. Despite the physical distance, Arjun couldn't shake a feeling of emptiness.

On his birthday, Arjun's family threw a lavish party at the city's most prestigious hotel. Dressed in a smart suit, Arjun received well-wishes from teachers and acquaintances, including Preeti. Caught up in the moment, he absentmindedly thanked her without meeting her gaze. The grand celebration seemed at odds with Arjun's personal desires, hinting at a deeper complexity within.

The day of the Social Studies exam arrived, a subject Arjun detested. While going through his papers, he noticed a sealed envelope from the school. Inside was a note from his father, inquiring if his friends would attend the upcoming party - the very party Arjun hoped to avoid. To his dismay, the note mentioned the venue: the city's most opulent hotel.

Across the classroom, Preeti winced as a friend accidentally revealed the party's location. With a playful jab aimed at her friend's arm, Preeti tried to discreetly silence the information leak. It seemed fate was determined to push Arjun and Preeti together, despite their conflicting desires.At Arjun's lavish birthday party, the opulent venue buzzed with laughter and chatter. As Arjun mingled with guests, including some of his female friends, Preeti's heart sank with each glance exchanged between him and the other girls. Despite her best efforts to maintain composure, a pang of jealousy gnawed at her.

Watching Arjun interact with his female friends, Preeti struggled to mask her unease behind a forced smile. Her infectious laughter seemed to falter, overshadowed by the unsettling feeling that she couldn't quite shake off.

Arjun, caught up in the festivities, was oblivious to Preeti's internal turmoil. He continued to engage with guests, unaware of the impact his interactions were having on her. Meanwhile, Preeti grappled with conflicting emotions, torn between longing to be by Arjun's side and the bitter sting of jealousy.

As the night progressed, Preeti found herself stealing glances at Arjun, her heart sinking with each passing moment. She tried to distract herself by engaging in conversations with other party guests, but her thoughts kept drifting back to Arjun.

When Arjun finally noticed Preeti's subdued demeanor, he excused himself from his group of friends and made his way over to her. Sensing her unease, he asked if everything was alright, genuine concern etched on his features.

Preeti, unable to contain her feelings any longer, confessed to Arjun how she felt seeing him with the other girls. Surprised yet touched by her honesty, Arjun assured Preeti of her special place in his life, dispelling her fears with words that spoke directly to her heart.

Amidst the revelry and music, a newfound understanding blossomed between Arjun and Preeti, deepening their connection beyond the surface of social gatherings and fleeting encounters.

Despite the impending exam, Arjun stayed at the party longer than planned. The pulsing music reverberated through him, surrounded by friends whose laughter shielded him from social awkwardness. Yet, a nagging worry about the exam lingered.

As the night wore on, fatigue tugged at him. But seeing his friends' joy fueled by his presence, he pushed through his exhaustion.

The next morning, bleary-eyed and fueled by coffee, Arjun arrived at school. Settling into his seat, he tried to focus amidst a group of girls stifling laughter nearby. A blush heated his cheeks. Was it something he'd done? He forced himself to concentrate.

During a break between exams, Arjun needed to reach his friend outside. Their conversation turned into a brief argument. He re-entered the classroom, frustration etched on his face.

With only 30 minutes left before the exam, Preeti surprised Arjun by sitting beside him. Calmly, Arjun asked what was wrong. To his astonishment, Preeti confessed her feelings for him.

The shock overwhelmed Arjun, causing him to faint. When he regained consciousness, he questioned if it was a dream. He decided to focus on the exam.

After the exam, Arjun confronted Preeti about her confession. She assured him it was genuine and asked for his answer.

At home, Arjun confided in his mother, embarrassed by the situation. His father's amusement added to his discomfort.

Over the holidays, Arjun wrestled with his feelings. He worried a relationship might be too serious but didn't want to hurt Preeti.

When school resumed, Arjun explained his feelings to Preeti. They agreed to remain friends for now.

One day in the library, a baby lizard startled Preeti. Arjun calmly led her to the water cooler. Preeti noticed his rough hands and learned they were from field work, not fighting.

Their friendship continued, with playful banter. One day, Arjun jokingly suggested visiting Preeti's house. She challenged him, not expecting him to follow through.

Arjun arrived at Preeti's house, surprising her. They shared a heartfelt hug, leaving Arjun speechless.

Inside, Preeti led Arjun to a room. They shared a quiet moment, a simple gesture revealing unspoken emotions.