pov: celebrating her birthday

» you're newjeans' manager
» 1362 words
» happiest birthday to our amazing minji :)
...

"Hey, are you recording?"

"Wait."

Beep

"It's starting."

I'm recording for Minji's birthday surprise which was planned by the other members. All of us are hiding in her bedroom. Minji hasn't been home since the morning due to her solo schedule, and the members, especially Danielle, are buzzing with excitement about the surprise.

Hanni whispers, "I can't believe she hasn't suspected anything yet. She's usually so observant."

Danielle chimes in, "I know, right? We've been planning this for weeks. She's going to be so surprised!"

Haerin giggles, "I just hope she likes the cake we got her. I know she's a bit picky."

Hyein adds, "And don't forget the gifts! We all chipped in to get her something special."

As we hear the sound of footsteps outside the door, everyone quickly hides behind the bed and curtains, trying to contain their giggles and excitement.

The door opens, and Minji walks in, looking tired but happy. She's completely unaware of the surprise waiting for her in her own bedroom.

In the dim light, I make sure to keep the camera steady, adjusting to the darkness to capture every moment of this surprise.

As Minji flicks on the bedroom light, the room instantly illuminates, revealing the hidden figures of her group members.

"Happy Birthday!" They all shout in unison.

Minji's eyes widened in shock, her hands frozen mid-air from where she was about to remove her jacket. The surprise is so unexpected that she seems completely taken aback.

Slowly, I emerge from my hiding spot, carefully approaching Minji to capture her genuine reaction up close. The camera focuses on her face, capturing the raw emotion and surprise that makes birthdays like these truly special.

As I approach Minji to capture her reaction up close, she becomes visibly shy and overwhelmed by the attention. With a bashful smile, she hides her face behind her hands, trying to shield herself from the camera's gaze.

Hanni chuckles and teases, "Come on, Minji! Don't be shy."

Danielle adds, "Yeah, Minji, we planned all of this just for you. Show us that pretty face!"

Despite her shyness, Minji's eyes sparkle with gratitude and happiness. The room is filled with laughter and teasing as the group members playfully encourage her to show her face and enjoy her special day.

Hyein, trying to lighten the mood, says, "Minji, look at the cake!"

As the group members part to reveal the bear-shaped cake on the table, Minji's eyes widen in surprise. A delighted squeal escapes her lips, echoing throughout the room.

"Omo! A bear-shaped cake!" Minji exclaims, her representative emoticon shining brightly in her eyes.

The room fills with laughter and cheers as Minji rushes over to get a closer look at the cake. Her excitement is infectious, and everyone can't help but smile at her genuine reaction.

"Isn't it adorable?" Danielle asks with a grin.

Haerin chimes in, "We knew you'd love it!"

Hyein playfully nudges Minji, "See? We told you we got you something special!"