Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Prin Retta

The contract signing went well. I made sure that before I signed, I read every section first. The contract is very detailed and straightforward. I noticed that the highlight focuses on confidentiality. Everything should be handled by outmost confidentiality or else I will pay fifty percent of my compensation if the company suffered from damage and reputation risk once I am guilty of breaking the contract. It's just so weird that the contract focuses on that as if they are warning me that whatever I am putting myself into, I won't tell a soul about it. It's not like this is a drug business, right? I almost laugh at that thought.

Finn Motor Co., the company that I will be working on, focuses on making cars and definitely not a drug business. They are the fifth in the list as a manufacturer of automobiles in the country. I did my research last night before coming here. The gross profit of the company for a year was 20 billion USD, with an increase of 17% from the previous year.

I am really lucky to be here. Let alone become the secretary of the CEO. They don't have to worry. Wala naman akong balak mag breach ng contract.

And yet, I don't understand Caitlin Finnegan's role in this. Is she the HR or is she going to my boss? I couldn't bring myself and ask Caitlin these things.

"Summarizing the contract, you will do what you have been told. Are we clear on that?" I nodded unconsciously.

"Yes, Mrs. Finnegan."

"Oh dear, call me Caitlin. We are using first name basis here." Caitlin looked at me funnily as if she was making fun that I am too formal.

I am still contemplating whether to brand Caitlin as a good person or is she going to be my friend in the near future? I'm not quite sure about that. There is something about Caitlin that is telling me I should keep my distance. She never been so friendly towards me. She was looking at me with her strict eyes and I never seen her smile. Not a friend then.

"Follow me, I'll tour you outside." She said and her red high heels made a clacking sound on the floor. Mabilis pa sa alas kwatro na sumunod ako sa bawat galaw ni Caitlin at sinundan siya palabas ng pinto.

"So this is the CEO's office," tinuro niya ang isang glass door na ngayon ay nakasara. Sa tapat naman nito ay mayroong desk at computer, pero walang tao ang nakapwesto dito.

"That will be your place." Nabasa siguro ni Caitlin ang gusto kong itanong sa kanya kung para saan ito. Doon lang pumasok sa akin na ang table ko ay mismong tapat lang ng office ng CEO. I'm one call away, great.

I followed Caitlin again when she moved to the right and walked straight in the corridor. I think we walked two minutes away from the CEO's office and we reached another office where I can see a lot of people working.

"This is the marketing department." She said. My mouth formed into O-shaped when I noticed that this floor is so big to the point that this floor contains the CEO's office as well as the marketing department. Nobody paid us attention. Dahil lahat ng mga employado ay nakatingin lang sa ginagamit nilang laptop. Seems like they are working very hard.

"This is where you can sleep," sabi ulit sa akin ni Caitlin nang madaanan namin ang isang lugar kung saan may nakalagay na iba't ibang desenyo ng mga sofa.

"That is if you are feeling tired." She added. I can't help but feel amazed how the work place is amazingly set up. Saan ka naman makakakita ng trabaho kung saan pinapayagan ang mga empleyado na matulog? Kudos to this company for catering to the health of every employees. Mas tumaas ang tingin ko sa gumawa ng ganitong rules sa kumpanya.