•Our Together Days•

A lovely morning. A text at 6 a.m, and My sleep drifted. I knew it was from whom.

"Good Morning Partner."
"Good Morning Honey."
"Today's class will commence from 8:45 a.m, and did you complete your assignment?"
"All done madam. Don't worry."
"Well then, meet you soon. Bye."
"Bye Honey."

A text from her, and it makes my day.

We've known each other since the last six years, well- I met her in my school, and now we're studying together on the same subject, "Software Engineering." That's truly awful how we both have the same aims in life, and got chance in the same college, IIT Madras.

She always had the best impression in my eyes. I never knew, how slowly slowly I fell in love with her. From best friend, I started to treat her as my everything. Her eyes reflected my hope to live.

I first confessed to her when we were in our second year college course. I still remember that day. It was 25th May. Our first semester had just ended, three days ago.

~•FLASHBACK•~

That day, We had a party in the evening. My friends knew about my feelings for her.

"C'mon man, you've been suppressing your feelings since many years. Just spit it out today. It's a golden chance. Just don't waste it. Well, she's your childhood friend, and I hope she won't return you back empty-handed.", told Michael.
"I hope so, too. But what if she rejects? Brother, look, I don't wanna ruin our golden friendship with just those three words in a few seconds."
"Nothing will happen. Just do it man. We suspect that she likes you too.", uttered the others in a unison.

•At the Party•

I didn't dress much, but still the curious eyes of the other girls there were making me a little uncomfortable.

A random girl, out of no where came up to me

"Hey Handsome, you alone? Wanna come and dance with me?"

I was about to reject her by saying something, but someone dragged me aside.

GOD BLESS MY EYES!
GOSH, WHAT I SAW!

My Princess was looking immensely beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off her.

"Andreww!! You're not allowed to talk to other girls

"Andreww!! You're not allowed to talk to other girls. I'm your only female bestiee!!"
"Ok ok Sarah, calm down. She was the one who came up to talk. I didn't-"
"That's it!! Now come with me. No more excuses."
"Wait, where are you taking me to?"

I could say no more. She dragged me to a place where everyone was sitting.

"Now I want to click some snaps. Here, I brought this dumbo along with me. He was checking out with other girls."
"Wait, I wasn't checking them out-"
"Oh Andrew, c'mon. You have your partner to take snaps with. And also that person is immensely gorgeous for you to check out for your whole life.", they looked at each other,giggled and told that to me in unison.
I glared at them. They all turned silent.

"Ok ok guys, now lemme take a photograph with this dumbo."

After all this, I went aside. I was in a tumult. I didn't know when to confess to her. I was becoming impatient. When suddenly I felt a hand holding mine.

"What's up? Why are you standing here alone?"
I immediately turned around and hugged her.
"Again you're depressed? Look exams got over a few days ago, and now it's time to enjoy. Could you just leave all your tensions away and dine into the party? Please? It's my request. Please?"
"I need to tell you something. Would you mind?"
"No boy, you're my best friend since the early days of my school life. Now c'mon Tell me.

I broke the hug, held at her shoulders and looked directly into her eyes.

"Sarah.."
"Yes?"
"I.."
"You?"
"I.. I Love you.."
"Wait what?"
"Yes.. Yes Sarah.. I.. Love you.."

There was silence for a few minutes.

"I love you with all my heart. At first you were my best friend, that's true. But as the years went, I fell for you. I always wanted you to stay with me forever- then as a best friend, and now as a life partner."
I continued,
"Look, I will wait for you, if you're not ready yet to accept. Truly speaking, I can die for you. I'm ready even to sacrifice my life for you. As because you're my best friend, I thought of telling this matter to you. I've been suppressing this feeling inside me for a long back years. But if you Don't want me, I won't-"

"Andrew, I like you too."

I couldn't believe my ears.

"You what?"

"Yes, I like you too. And even sometimes I get jealous just because you talk to other girls. At times, I miss you, even. I think a magic of love has happened to me too. And this is the first time. Maybe it's just because of you."
She continued,
"I even thought of asking you some times about this. But I didn't. As you were and are always studious, I supposed you would've rejected it."
"You were the first boy whom I met, made friends with, am serious about, and also jealous for. I never even looked at other boys maybe just because of your existence in my life. To be honest, I love you too."

I was in awe. My dreams turned reality when she hugged me, resting her head on my chest.

 My dreams turned reality when she hugged me, resting her head on my chest

Our friends jumped out of nowhere. They shouted,
"Congratulations to both of you. Have a lovely life together."

She blushed, I smiled. Maybe it's the first time I saw that mischievous, most badass as well as talkative girl blush. To me, her blush was the most sensible thing ever on this planet, more than her smile too.

That's how, our story began.
We remained like best friends. Any stranger passing would never mistake us as a couple.

But inside I fell for her everyday. She also took a lot more care, scolded a lot on the wrong things I did and accompanied me all time.

Although our hostels were different, nothing could separate us. We were connected in every moment in our life. I was the one who handled the secret kid in her, of which anyone else was unaware. And like a complete matured person, she took care of me at times I broke down- maybe due to study pressure or for not meeting my family for long.