CHAPTER 16

"Hey, Hey." A voice called out and I groaned so loudly. Turning to the direction of the voice, I saw it was my mom. I was so surprised and happy. I took a hold on her and kissed her. I missed every damn thing about her.

"Where's sister Kristhiana?" I questioned.
"She's downstairs. She is helping your dad to unpack, so..."
"Dad?" My brows arched.
"Yes, your dad. He's back. You well know that Kristhiana's marriage is on Saturday."

"No one told me." I said feeling agitated.
"Perhaps you've forgotten, but I just told you now."

"It was supposed to be last month but you guys kept moving it forward and now it's on Saturday." I hissed.
"Kelly. I know you are not concerned about your sister's wedding date. But, I know very well that your angry because of your dad's return. Please take your time and come downstairs for breakfast. See you downstairs." She concluded as she took her lace gown, folded it and warily came down in order to avoid tripping.
Yes, she was so right. I was more concerned about my dad's arrival than any other thing. I didn't have a smooth relationship with him and I never really liked him."

* * *
When you call on me
When you call on me
I can hear you breathe
I get wings to fly
I feel that I'm alive.
I hummed as I made my way downstairs.
"Good morning. I absentmindedly greeted my father.
"Good morning dear." My dad replied.
The word 'dear' echoed in my ears and I hissed in my head.
"Come eat breakfast." Klara shouted.
"I'm good." I replied and hurriedly exited through the front door.

* * *
" Next week Saturday,we're going to be having a game at 12:00pm. We need volunteers for cheer leaders from the cheer leader's team." One of the seniors announced.
"I love soccer you know" Christopher said or was it a question. Nevertheless we were both doing a research on a monocotyledonous plant in the lab when the speaker in the hall way turned on.
"Yeah."
"I'm surely going to participate."
"That's nice."
" come watch me next week." He said enthusiastically.
"Okay."
We both finished with our research and headed out towards the school gate.
"Be a cheer leader. It would be nice. How would you cheer? Like this or like this? He asked while mimicking Tasha one of the seniors and I found my self laughing.
Finally, we got to the school's gate.
"See you next week."
"Yeah, see you next week too."
" I will Chat you up." He reminded and after some seconds, he disappeared into thin air.
The school's atmosphere was not so lively. It gave a negative vibe sort of. Probably because we were all going on a one week break and meeting next week Saturday for soccer.

" let's go." A hand came and entangled with mine.
"Lily." I smiled and we both left the school premises.