|33.|

November 20th,2017
Atlanta, GA
5:57pm

November 20th,2017Atlanta, GA5:57pm

Sitting on the couch of Darnell's home—Rome looked around nervously while he rubbed his hands together

Sitting on the couch of Darnell's home—Rome looked around nervously while he rubbed his hands together. Tonight was their dinner and their talk. Rome had shown up a little earlier than expected because it was a farther drive than what he was use to. Darnell was in the kitchen preparing their plates of food. He'd made cabbage, rice, black eyed peas, and beef ribs. That alone had Rome's stomach growling when he first walked through the door.

"My bad son." Darnell apologized while walking into the living room with the plate. He held Rome's out to him before sitting his down on the table and taking a seat. "You ain't allergic to none of the shit I cooked right?"

Rome chuckled. "Naw man but I am skeptical about eating your cooking. You sure you know how to throw down a meal? I ain't with eating no nasty stuff."

Darnell smacked his lips. "Little nigga I can cook. Stop fucking playing with me." He shook his head making Rome chuckle.

Rome picked his fork up and dug into the cabbage, rice, and peas all together before sticking his fork in his mouth. He started to chew and his different facial expression had Darnell cracking up. "That shit good ain't it." He smirked when he seen Rome going in for another fork full.

"It's alright." Rome smirked while leaning forward and grabbing his strawberry lemonade and sipping it. "Naw, it's good though. Almost as good as my nana food was."

"I'll take that." Darnell smiled. "Speaking of you nana, I'm sorry about your loss son. I ain't never really get to know her like that but when I met her back when me and your moms was young as fuck, she was always so sweet."

"Yeah she was the best to me and my siblings. Not so much to my mama though but I'm sure you already know that." Rome spoke before taking a bite of his rib that instantly fell of the bone. "Damn this good as hell." He tapped his leg against the floor feeling the flavors hit his tongue.