Chapter 14: Confrontation V2

It only lasted a few seconds, but it was long enough for me to go from surprise to melting into the kiss and wrapping my arms around Chara. Chara pulls away, taking a few breaths. "I get it if you don't feel the same, but I needed you to know." Chara says, breaking the silence after a minute. I was lost in my own thoughts after she pulled away. I had never kissed a girl before, so it left me a little flustered, to say the least.

"N-no, I do feel the same." I respond quickly. The last thing I wanted was for her to think I didn't. I just never gave it much thought because I'm not very good with relationships, so it never crossed my mind that what I felt was love.

She and I sat there for a few minutes, letting the sounds of the waterfall and other stray noises envelope us as we sat side by side. She leaned her head onto my shoulder, closing her eyes to take in the peaceful surroundings.

It was so peaceful that I hadn't realized how tired I was getting until my eyes had already closed, and I drifted off to sleep.

*

I awoke to someone lightly shaking my shoulder and opened my eyes to see Chara was the one doing it. "We should probably get back before your parents start to worry." She says after seeing my eyes open. I nod, stifling a yawn as I stand. "Can you shortcut us out?" I ask, hoping we wouldn't have to walk back through the freezing cold in Snowdin.

"I can take us to the exit, but we'll have to walk from there." Chara responds, sighing a bit. She holds out her hand, and I take it, blushing a bit as I remembered the events before I fell asleep.

As soon as I wrap my hand around hers, we appear outside the entrance to the underground. Chara swayed a little bit, seemingly tired. "Are you alright?" I ask, a bit worried.

"I'm fine, just a little bit tired." She responds, shaking her head a bit to wake herself up. "That can happen? I thought you didn't get tired?" I ask, curious. "I guess I do now. It's probably your fault." Chara jokes, booping my nose and giggling a bit. I laughed a bit as we started to walk back home.

Today has been a good day.

*

We were walking through the park when I heard two familiar voices. It sounded like Frisk and Sans. I should probably avoid them for the moment, I really don't want to test to see if they remember the last RESET.

"(Y/n)? How are you doing? We haven't talked in a few days." I hear Frisk call out. Guess it's too late to avoid them. Chara looked a little worried but I squeezed her hand a bit to reassure her silently that it'd be fine. I let her hand go, so Sans didn't see me holding onto thin air, and to hopefully not draw Frisks attention to Chara.

"Huh? Oh hey, Frisk! I've been doing well." I respond, turning to face her. Chara was hiding slightly behind me, and I don't think Frisk noticed her yet. Sans smiled and waved at me, so I returned the gesture. "That's great! Want to hang out in a few days? Some of the Monsters were going to have a party at the Monster Mansion." Frisk asks, smiling at me.

The Monster Mansion was where the majority of the monsters lived, so as you could guess, it was huge, and the perfect place to host a party, although I don't remember this one happening last time.

"Maybe I'll have to get back to you tomorrow. I should really get home now. It was nice seeing you, Frisk." I respond, smiling a bit. She nods and waves goodbye as I turn to continue walking.

"hey kid, holding up a sec. who is that next to you?" Sans calls out after I take a few steps.

Shit.

To make things worse, Chara decided to lean into me, making it hard for me to deny someone was there. She seemed on the verge of passing out, which also probably wasn't good, and how Sans was able to see her. "Wait, is that Chara?" Frisk asks, surprised, before I could say anything. Instead of the fear that Frisk had from the last RESET when she saw Chara after she left the underground, her face lit up like she just remembered or realized something. Probably the RESET.

It was too late, though, as Sans had already summoned a Gaster Blaster, and it was charging up. Thinking quickly, I hold my hand out and summon a wall of knives, mimicking how Chara saved me in the last RESET from Sans' attack.

I immediately felt the strength leave my body as the knives started melting away. Luckily, the blast stops before it breaks through. "crap, sorry, kid. it usually doesn't take this long to remember." Sans apologizes quickly, as he got the same sort of realization look Frisk had.

"Were you the one who RESET?" Frisk asks, confused. "Yeah, I think I was able to mimic Determination to do it. I'm still not sure on the finer workings of my SOUL." I reply, grinning a small bit. I was glad they remembered, even if it took them a little bit to do so. That made things a lot easier.

Sans and Frisk shot eachother a look, and then both looked at me and Chara. "You should probably come with us. If you really were the one to RESET, then we need to talk to you about a few things." Frisk says seriously, confusing me a bit. She would be the expert on RESETing though, so I should probably hear what she has to say.

"come here, i'll take a shortcut." Sans says, not sounding like I had much of an option. Chara was still leaning into me, and seemed to be drifting in and out of consciousness, so I decided to pick her up again, like I did before. That way I wasn't dragging her, and she could get a little bit of rest. I don't imagine being awake for however long she has been is a good thing, even if she is technically a ghost.

And so, I walk over to Sans, and he grabs Frisk and I's arms and we shortcut.

*

(I'm writing a new book! It's a Deltarune book, titled "Control" and the prologue is out already. I think I'm going to be writing a few more chapters for that one before I continue this one, but I will definitely still keep writing this one. After I get the story going in "Control" I'll most likely start alternating chapters. Hope you enjoy, and feedback isnalways welcome!)