I knew you were trouble.

Anav Verma. A name you hear everyday. And how did I still not recognise him you ask? because I couldn't care less about him. He was one of those nerdy famous kids you would hate, because he was good at academics and sports and a smug kid. You can expect them to be anything but modest. So noticing him was the biggest mistake of my life.

Time : 3 pm 

Place: at home 

ON A CALL WITH BESIE.

                                                                             Calling ALIEN

                                                                              RINGING...

" Why can't you ever pick the damn phone on time you dumbass?!"

" Look who's talking, Adyant... I would be dying and you wouldn't pick up my call"

"whatever...i have news"

"Who died?"

" ME"

" I will definitely be at the funeral to eat, thank you for infirming"

" Shut up dumbass. I mean, i am dying after hearing this"

" Tell me a bit quick no? I have to go to my classes."

" Like you'd actually study there. HAHAHA"

" Tch, the clock's ticking?"

" SO....i heard, from Priya, that ANAV VERMA, THE ANAV VERMA. Has a crush on MEE!??"

" THE FUCK?"

"Eggzactly?! could you believe it?"

" She's fucking with you" Ruh said pretty monotonously.

" Well maybe she isn't lying....why would she lie to me?"

" So a random girl that secretly hates you comes and tell you that a fucking polar bear who doesn't even know you exist likes you and you believe her ?"

" He knows I exist, THE FUCK? He ain't Jeon Jungkook who doesn't know that I exist!"

" Yeah and I'm in love with my neighbour's mom"

" Ew that's gross"

" But wait, I just wanted to be sure we are talking about the same guy?" i asked confused.

" Anav Verma right? The guy that looks like if Elsa from frozen has a twin brother?"

" He is Anav Verma? The topper?"

" The nerd?"

" Yeah, the teacher's favourite...he is your class president right now"

" You know i don't care about those things"

" But you should care that he is friends with Aryan. You know I don't like their friend group, it'd be best if you stay away from them let alone fuck with them"

" Shut up...I'm not interested in a short heighted princess!" 

Ruh has had some problems with Aryan and his friends. Aryan was a big red bull you don't want to mingle with. Ruh and I were introverts who didn't like people like him . He was smart and good in academics, so anything he did wasn't seen as a crime in school. He was a bully and a cheat. But teachers liked him, nobody said anything to him. 

I can't imagine the time when Aryan and I were actually good friends. He was my classmate in standard 6th. Until I realised he was just my friend because he wanted to get close to Sunidhi. Sunidhi and I were good friends. Every boy wanted her. She was that unapproachable kind. And innocent girls like her were prey for Aryan. The sooner I realised it the luckier I was. I didn't talk to him after that. He even spread petty rumours about me just because I ghosted him. That nutjob. 

Ruh had already cut the call. Remembering Aryan , also reminded me of Anav. He was always the quiet kid. He was no doubt one of those toppers always, but he wasn't as good as Aryan or Sushant. He may have come 4th or 5th in class twice or thrice. I think that's why I never noticed him...

Until 9th standard. Where the group of Aryan, Sushant and Vikram, was replaced by Anav , Vikram and Vishal. Anav suddenly became the topper. He had built a physique, he was good at games and also in studies. I think Anav was always good at these things, it was just that he was overshadowed  by people around him. Now that Aryana and Sushant weren't in the same class as us, It was his time to shine. Thinking about same class, I just noticed a big coincidence .

Was Anav always in the same section as me? I remember my first day of school. Yes, he sat there, on the first bench. 1st standard, he was the topper of the class. 2nd standard, Aashna miss, my class teacher always favoured him. 3rd standard...

Wait a minute! Have we always been in the same section?

It was not a new information, I was just too stupid to actually pin a point on it. And it was pure luck (destiny maybe because  my delusional self couldn't handle it anymore). 10 years of school , 10 different sections and the fact that our sections would change every 2 years. We survived all of that huh?

Ruh, my best friend and I, also used to be in the same section. But then 8th standard came, the class shuffled and suddenly we were in different classes. Never any one of my friend and I have been in the same section for more than 2 years. It was a coincidence, and a big one on top of that. 

I slept , thinking of talking to Anav but how?

3 months Later...

Standard 9th was over. The last three months I couldn't muster up courage to talk to  MR. Famous topper. I only caught a few glances ( he was staring istg - delusional self), but it is pretty usual as we are I the same class so him looking at me isn't a big of a deal. It was the start of 10th standard ( the year of hell as they called it).

I finally had the best reason to talk to Anav. Adyant Saxena is a genius.