𝐌𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐉𝐀𝐘 ☘︎ 15

We march throughout the rubble that used to be the outskirts of the Capitol, Cressida talking softly as we do. "I've never seen this place so empty."

"Just keep your eyes open," Boggs stands at the front, holo in hand. He has it in front of him like a radar, and it's beeping. This is when I realise another thing. The holo can track pods, and will most likely beep fast (like a metal detector) when one is near.

We continue to walk until finally (I don't know why I'm so eager) the holo starts to beep. "We got a pod," Boggs clarifies. "Stay covered. Throw through these two buildings."

It takes me a second to realise that he's talking to me. He wants me to set the pod off without anyone (except an axe) getting hurt. Boggs also gestures to Cressida, who starts getting Castor and Pollux ready to film. I sigh. I'll never escape the cameras. "When you're ready Willow."

I pull out a normal axe and aim it. "Hold it, Pollux tighter," Cressida instructs, looking through a camera herself.

I roll my eyes as she gives me the signal, then I let the axe go. It sets off a wall of fire just before the two buildings.

So this is what pods do.

And it isn't pretty.

☘︎☘︎☘︎

In the next few hours, everyone gets tired, so Boggs calls it a day and we go to rest in a safe place that Cressida knows of.

Gale, Katniss and I sit together. "I don't think we can get across this," Katniss says honestly. Gale's filled her in on the whole we-abandon-troop-and-kill-Snow plan.

"We can't go anywhere without that holo," I purse my lips, handing my brother a flask of water which I had just drank from. "And we can't get it off him when he's awake."

"Make sure the three of us are on the same watch tonight," Gale plans. I still don't know how I'm feeling about them crashing my plan, but I honestly can't think about that right now.

Suddenly, we hear the sound of a vehicle being drove towards our hideout. "Is that peacekeepers?" Holmes asks, but somehow, I know it's not.

"Four-five-one to base," Jackson calls on her radio. "We've got a truck coming in from the south, over."

She waits a few seconds before a reply comes. I don't hear it through all the static but she does, because the next thing she says relaxes all of us. "Stand down, everyone. It's friendly."

Gale, Boggs, Finnick and I head outsiders to see what the truck is bringing in. More like who.

Because if there's something I didn't expect, it's for Austin Thatcher to jump out of the back.

"The fuck...?" I mutter under my breath.

He has two guards behind him, but still, I take an axe in my hand, ready to strike if the moment is right.

At some point the guard stops, and Austin just blindly stumbles towards us, muttering something I can't hear. I get ready to throw-

"Okay, stop!" Gale shouted to me, throwing his arms out to obscure my throwing range. range.

"Hold up," Finnick walks forward a step. "Everyone relax."

"What's he doing here?" Gale says what everyone is thinking.

Boggs turns to Jackson, who's recently joined us outside and says two words, "cuff him," then walks back inside.

I still have my axe at the ready.

Austin's now standing on the spot as Jackson approaches him. "Soldier this is just for caution, okay?" He doesn't do anything to acknowledge it.

I lower my weapon, heading inside. But not before I get a lady glance at him. And for a second, I see a flicker of love on his face.