Hell Day pt.1

As Liam walked towards school, his jacket wrapped tightly around him, he spotted Emily ahead. An awkward smile crept across his face as he greeted her with a hesitant "hi." Emily's keen intuition picked up on something amiss, sensing the weight of Liam's troubled spirit hanging heavily upon him.

Concern etched into her features, Emily quickened her pace, closing the distance between them in a few hurried strides. Without hesitation, she reached out and gently pulled up Liam's sleeve, revealing the telltale signs of fresh cuts upon his skin.

"Why did you do it?" Emily's voice trembled with a mixture of anguish and desperation as she confronted Liam, her eyes pleading for answers.

Liam's gaze fell to the ground, shame and sorrow etched into every line of his face. He struggled to find the words to explain the turmoil that churned within him, the darkness that seemed to swallow him whole.

"I don't know," he whispered, his voice barely above a hoarse whisper. "I just... I couldn't help it."

Emily's heart ached at the sight of Liam's pain, her own anguish mirrored in his eyes. Without a word, she enveloped him in a tender embrace, offering him the solace and support he so desperately needed.

Emily's voice wavered with concern as she gently probed, "Liam, is it your dad again? Did something happen?"

Liam hesitated, his eyes flickering with a mixture of pain and resignation. He knew he couldn't keep hiding the truth from Emily, not when she had seen through his facade so effortlessly.

"Yeah," he admitted, his voice barely above a whisper. "It's my dad. Things at home... they're not great."

Emily's heart sank at his words, a surge of empathy flooding through her as she realized the depth of Liam's struggles. "I'm so sorry, Liam," she murmured, her voice thick with emotion. "You don't deserve to go through this alone."

Tears welled in Liam's eyes as he met Emily's gaze, the weight of his burdens lifting ever so slightly in the warmth of her compassion. "Thank you, Emily," he whispered, his voice choked with emotion. "For being here for me."

As Liam and Emily entered the school grounds, a knot of unease tightened in Liam's stomach at the sight of Kyle's menacing presence. Kyle stood with his cronies, his gaze fixed upon Liam with an unsettling intensity, his lips curled into a cruel smirk.

Emily's hand tightened around Liam's arm, her eyes flickering with concern as she felt the tension crackling in the air. "Liam, what's going on?" she whispered, her voice tinged with apprehension.

Liam's jaw clenched as he met Kyle's gaze head-on, refusing to back down in the face of his tormentor's intimidation tactics. "Ignore him, Emily," he muttered through gritted teeth, his voice tight with suppressed anger.

But Kyle's taunting laughter echoed in Liam's ears, a constant reminder of the threat that loomed over them. "Prepare yourself today, Liam," Kyle jeered, his voice dripping with malice as he delivered his ominous warning.