00 ━ An Agreement

                       Something rotten twists in the stomach of the young nymph

Koda wonders somewhat pathetically if Hades has brought her out of imprisonment in order to entertain his guests once more. She can feel the aching of the shackles around her ankles, her seashell colored hair matted as it falls from her scalp. The once-shimmering dress she wears has dimmed, losing its color and shine. Now, it is merely a bitter reminder of what she has lost, of the grief that wedges itself between her ribs.

She does not know how much time has passed since her initial imprisonment, only that time in Tartarus moves much quicker than in the real world. ( She wonders if her sisters are still alive, or if they, too, have suffered at the hands of mortal and godly men alike. Zeus is vengeful. He would not let her sisters go unaffected. )

Her crimes are a different story, entirely, for she will not claim to be innocent killing a god is no accident. Becoming godslayer is no small incident, indeed.

( In the back of her mind, she is trapped in Dion's chambers, screaming and begging to be released once again. In the back of her mind, she shatters the glass and brings the rage of the god Ares upon the poor, godly bastard. In the back of her mind, Apollo demands justice for the death of his son and Ares' defense falls on deaf ears. In the back of her mind, Hera and Zeus dole out their poor form of 'justice' on an innocent nymph. )

It had mattered little that Dion had sought out to experiment on a nymph to learn what made her heart beat. To the king and queen of the gods, Koda had committed a grave sin, and earned her spot in Tartarus.

Koda wonders, though, what has caused Tartarus to release her. The primordial had not spoken to her in what felt like a millenia.

"Koda," A gentle, mother-like voice draws the nymph out of her thoughts, as a warm feeling spreads from her belly to her throat. "It has been far too long, child."

Koda turns her head, searching for the source of the voice. A familiar sensation prods at her thought as her cocoa-colored eyes scan the darkness, plump lips twisting almost suspiciously.

Her Greek accent shines thick as she speaks in English, frown spreading across her features. "Who are you?" She questions, arching a quizzical brow. "You do not speak the ancient tongue."

"Eímai fílos," ( I am a friend. ) The voice switches to Greek almost instantaneously, causing the hairs on the back of Koda's neck to rise. "You may know me as Mother Gaea."

"Mother Gaea," Koda repeats, her suspicious tone dropping to something else entirely. Her lips press into a thin line. "I heard about Kronos' demise. I had hoped. . ."

She hesitates. She can sense Gaea's amusement, a feeling like ambrosia, as her words go unsaid. I had hoped he would free me.

"My son will take a millenia to reform," Gaea hums. Koda shifts uncomfortably, tension in her shoulders growing by the second. "I know you share his sentiments about the gods, child."

"They have locked me in your lover's domain," Koda bows her head, lips pursing. "Lord Kronos' whispers could be heard by every creature down here. It was not a surprise when the demigod boy freed him."

"Yes," Gaea muses. "I will not play coy, Koda. That wretched queen, Hera, has chosen her champions. You will be mine."

"I imagine I cannot be of use to you down here," Koda retorts smoothly, patience thinning. "Tartarus will not release me."

"Tartarus will obey me, Koda," Gaea sounds pleased with Koda's quiet acceptance. "As long as you do what I wish, you will be fine."

"And what is it you wish?" Koda questions, cocking her head to the side.

Gaea's laughter rumbles in the darkness. "You were Ares' favored once. Like a daughter to him," She pauses. "Make Jason Grace yours."

"