The tree

There was once a tree, it lived for over a thousand years.

This tree existed near the family of the Nelsons. The house there did not belong to the Nelsons, all they knew about the house, was that it was there for centuries and no one really knew who it belonged to before.

Centuries have passed and the Nelsons have Lived
there ever since. But something was wrong with the tree.. It always seemed to have red stains on the branches.. They just brushed it off to it being a part of the tree.

At least once a week a missing person poster would appear in town, it was always a short person, age 21 and male.

This has been a common occurance in the small town Islin for over thousands of years.

The Nelsons family was a family who was very tall in height, they were always 6ft and up.. But one day two twins were born, as those twins grew up the female twin was tall almost 8ft tall while the male twin was.. 4ft tall. The first ever short person in their family.

He wasn't very liked by the family, because he was the outcast, the short one.. But one family member loved him, his twin sister.

Ever since they were young, they were always with each other, the opposite of the usual sibilings who fight to death.

On their 21st birthday, The male twin named Paul wasn't allowed in the house, because there were visitors and they didn't want their reputation of being a tall family to get ruined. So he was out in the rain at night having to sit at the poarch while they had fun inside.

The female twin named Pauline didn't really like parties so after she went to blow her candle and all the other stuff, she went in her room and looked out the window to see her twin outside in the rain.

She knocked on the window to get his attention.

He looked over at her and waved, he then noticed a rose growing underneath the tree and went to pick it. He showed her the rose, planning to give it to her later because roses were her favorite flowers.

She smiled at this, and then a branch silently went to get him. She noticed this and tried telling him.. But it was too late and his brother was snatched, the tree grew a mouth and CHOMPPED on him.

She was terrified at what she had just witnessed.. She suddenly snapped out of it and ran downstairs alerting everyone and going out the porch.

She went to the tree hurriedly uncaring for if she was next.

She saw the blood on the grass, and stared at it..

Everyone then went out and checked on her.

"Pauline, What is wrong with you!?"
"Pauline, Really you had to destroy the party?"
"Pauline are you alright?"
"Pauline what's wrong?"
"Pau-"

"SHUT UP!!"
She screamed interupting any further questions.

"PAUL IS GONE! HE GOT KILLED BY THE TREE, I SAW IT WITH MY OWN TWO EYES, AND THE REASON HE'S DEAD IS BECAUSE YOU GUYS HAD TO MAKE HIM STAY OUTSIDE IN THE RAIN. IN. THE. MIDDLE. OF. THE. NIGHT!"

She screamed at them all, but they would not believe a word that she had said and just got mad at her for screaming at them.

The rain wash away the blood, so there was no evidence of him being eaten by a tree.

A missing person report was posted just like always.

Unfortunately, Paul was the start of the short people genetics in the family, Pauline had to make sure none of the short people went near the tree to the fact that she moved her family along with her to Anlan.

Many years later...

"This place looks so nice!"
"I know right? I wonder why our family moved away from here, this place looks absoulutely gorgeous!!"

23 people went missing that evening..
The tree was starved for centuries, because after the Nelsons left, the rest of the town followed. The tree no longer cared how old they were, or what gender they were, as long as they're short it couldn't care less.

The end