EP 8 - The Doctor

Ricky:

Two train stations away from our campus.

A french pâtisserie at the end of shopping alley near the station, the cafe painted in pistachio color.

Zhang Hao re-read message from Ricky while looking around at unfamiliar area. The violinist is on his quest to find a french cake shop his friend mentioned. A cafe where he will apply for part-time job. Recently he has been looking for a part-time job vacancy. Due to his limited allowance, its always a struggle for Zhang Hao to survived monthly, therefore he need a part-time job to support his needs.

Other than that Zhang Hao need a time off from his dorm. After his fight with Matthew, the dorm atmosphere feels a bit awkward. Therefore the violinist will be using his part-time job as excuse to escape from their dorm.

Thankfully Ricky has just resign from his part-time job and the younger Chinese boy offer his position to Zhang Hao. The violinist gladly accept it since the working hours match his college schedule.

More over the place is a cake shop. Zhang Hao is a sweet tooth. He loves cakes and dessert. So it's the perfect place him to work.

After a few minutes walk from the station he finally find the cake shop. It nested at the end of the road, rustic yet romantic cafe decorated with purple wild morning glory flowers on its walls. The cafe name is exact representation of its wall color, La Pistache (the Pistachio).

Zhang Hao take a deep breath and bravely step in the cafe. The door's bell jingles, notifying a man behind the cashier counter. The man look up watching the violinist entering the cafe. He's in his late 40's, tall, wearing round eye glasses, with soft and gentle face. The man automatically smile looking at Zhang Hao approaching him. He might be the cafe owner.

"What can I help you?" He ask gently.

"I'm here to apply part time job. My friend who previously worked here recommend an opening to me" Zhang Hao answer him.

"Oh is it Ricky?" He ask and Zhang Hao nod. "Are you Zhang Hao? Ricky dorm mates?" he ask again, this time his eyes lit up in excitement.

"Yes it's me" Zhang Hao nod again.

"I've been expecting you. My name is Han Yoseob, I'm the owner of this cafe. Ricky has told me about you, he said you're an dessert lovers so you're a perfect fit for this job. Did you have experience working? Or do you have baking skills?"

This time the Chinese boy shakes his head, "This will be my first job. I can cook simple meal, but never bake. But I'm a fast learner and motivated. I'll do my best if you give me the opportunity" he try to persuade the owner, Zhang Hao need this job.

Mr. Yoseob smile hearing the Chinese boy positive attitude, "All I need is your spirit. I can teach you along the way. So yes, you're hired Zhang Hao"

The violinist face beaming happy, he show his big smile. Bowing while chanting "Thank You" multiple times.

"More importantly your handsome face will attract female customers, I guarantee it. Ricky himself has a loyal fan base during his time here" said Mr. Yoseob laughing.

Zhang Hao blush a bit hearing the compliment. Mr. Yoseob then ask him if he's available to start his job today, since the cafe was shortage in staff. The Chinese boy agree right away. After that Mr. Yoseob begin his brief about the cafe to him.

"Since the cafe is currently empty, I'll begin the briefing. The cafe opens at 8 am, closes at 9 pm. We close every Monday, but remains open during big holiday date like Christmas. We divide the work into 2 areas, the kitchen area and the serving area. My wife as the pâtissière lead the kitchen area, me as the owner lead service area. We have one employee who are also part-timer, he's working in the kitchen to help my wife. My son also often help us, usually he help me at the service area. Both of them are high school students so their working hours are limited. Therefore I need you to back us up"