Chapter 4.1

It was time. It was finally time for Ari to show her skills and talents to become an idol. As she walked through the building, she was intimidated by the people present there. For the first time in her life, she felt extremely self conscious. She kept touching her hair, smoothing out her clothes and trying her best not to show the butterflies that were dominating her stomach.
She knew what she had to do here. She had to beleive in herself and put the best efforts for her future.

This was her dream, and now it was becoming reality.

She was confident. She was bold. She was brave. She could do this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ari was walking in the building trying to figure out where she should go, when suddenly she felt someone bump into her and she fell down. "Oh my goodness, I am so sorry! I did not mean to do that, are you hurt? Are you okay? Oh god, it's the first day and I mess up as soon as I enter."

Ari looks up to see an Indian girl with long black hair and pretty brown eyes. She looks at the way the girl acts and stares in disbelief. The girl looked like the epitome of beauty and that was definetely something one needed to be an idol.

"Oh! Give me your hand, let me help you up!" says the girl. With the help of the girl, Ari gets up and tries to smooth out any creases on her dress. "I'm really sorry if I've hurt you. I'm extremely nervous as it's my first time here, and I'm horribly nervous when I do new things. My name is Padma Chatterjee.." she says with her hand put out for a handshake. Ari continues staring at the girl. Extremely nervous?!! She was so elegant in her every move, how could she be nervous?

"Umm, you okay?" asks the girl. Ari gives herself a little shake and reaches her hand out and shakes Padma's hand. "Hello. I'm Sung Ari. It's my first time here too. Even I'm really nervous."

"Well it's certainly nice to meet you Ari." says Padma.

Ari didn't know what it was, but she had a feeling of a really good vibe with Padma. She felt that they both could be good friends. Apparently, even Padma thought the same, she said "Well, since we both are newbies and we are completely lost here, shall we stick together through this thing?"

Ari chuckled, "You read my mind." Padma smiled at the girl's reply and responded, "Then come on, let's go see where the registrations are taking place."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Padma and Ari start walking towards the desks where registrations are taking place, when they hear a loud static sound. They look up at the huge screen in the lobby, and they see a group of 8 people who look like they are about to make an announcement, and they do make one as the lady sitting in the middle began speaking.

"Good morning everyone. We are the main managers of the k-pop industry or in other words the board of control of the k-pop industry. We warmly welcome all of you to THE GLOBAL KPOP FESTIVAL! We hope all of you are doing well. We are here to make an announcement about the basic information, that you also would've received through email before coming here. You all should be aware of these principles before you start your journey to becoming top k-pop idols!"

'It begins now..' Ari thought swallowing hard. As if noticing her new friend's nervousness, Padma grabbed her hand and gave it a comforting squeeze. Ari looked at her and gave her a grateful smile. Both of them then focused their attention back on the screen.

"As you all know, you all are the best of the best. All of the 400 participants present today will be divided into groups of 4-10 members, based on your compatibility with other candidates present in this venue. We will split you into groups in such a way that all members of the groups have skills that will lead to perfect co-ordination on stage. Once you are split into groups, you will have to co-ordinate, you have no other choice."