Chapter 2

NIKOLAI'S POV!

If there's any errors, just tell me, I'll try my best to edit or explain it!

Here is Niko's pov, who is... A bit of an asshole but bare with him for the character development. He's just a kid.

———————————————————

As a child of great honour to the well known family of Evevrbef, Nikolai was famously known for his great gifts of strength, skilled in many various things, and eyes that resembles a hawks', and many more that only proves his blessed genetics.

Though, with his extremely strict family, his freedom was quickly stripped out of his title—the bird—which was infamous for how well known it was for being... Free.

It was all ironic, the whips he was given as he was told—it'll help him— insults he was spatted at, his strict training. And what seemed to be his free life, was a bird, prisoned in jail, for what seemed to him, felt forever.

He hated it, he hated the life of his, he hated it when they hurt him, taunt him, throw rocks of insults at him as if he would react perfectly stone.

Infact, he did not, that was what he always did, he hurt them back. They deserved it didn't they?

But seeing her get hurt the way it resembled his treatments, he couldn't help but feel that tiny string wrap around his heart, and as if it was some kind of hook, it clawed and dug deeper into the core.

He wanted to press his hands onto his ears just like how he always did, he wanted to turn a blind eye, he wanted to, he desperately needed to...

But...

✾✾✾

"I'm sorry- hic-" The boy underneath him cried, an arm around his face, defending himself whilst Niko's foot pressed onto the boys arm and soon, he gave a little kick and he quickly had his heel pressed roughly onto the boys cheek.

"Sorry? You're sorry?" Niko grinned, scoffing, rubbing his heel at the boys cheek. "You're dumb, so dumb to think I'd accept that easily." Niko whispered and gave a little kick, which made the boy underneath him cough out, blood dribbled down his nose.

The others remained on the ground, checking up on each other, or just leaving one another.

Niko was badly injured himself, a burnt scar on his neck that was caused by one of the older boys with a cigarette that Niko was sure he had killed or atleast beaten to a pulp. And the large, bleeding wound on his head that was still dribbling, caused by one of the boys throwing a whole metal, folded chair at him.

If his way of dying was by losing blood, he would have gladly accepted it but if his way of dying was by losing, he might as well fight fate itself.

He rubbed his heel at the boys cheek, hearing them plead and whimper and cry, "You're so pathetic, you know that?" Niko whispered, brows furrowed and his voice low, a smirk tugging on the corner of his lips. He'd pull his leg away, only to stomp at the boys foot next, which made the boy cry out for help.

He continued his ruthless beating, while also earning a fair amount of bruises and wounds, and staring at them as they crawl and trip away. He trailed his steps back of where he first saw the girl that they've been calling as their victim.

He reached the hidden part of the gym where he first saw everything happened, there, a glass window was etched just taller than him.

As he used his tip-toes to peek onto the window, he saw the sobbing girl, curled onto a ball, fingers ran through her hair. Then there it was again, a vision of himself fading into her.