CORPSE SPIREEEE--- I MEAN CORPSE FORRTTTTT

KGissmart: Go read my book if you want to know about how Griffin came to be.

Linke; [just search up Disassembly Active on ao3]

=-----=

Aidan picked up a random pistol leftover on the ground from the riot. It still worked, which was surprising. Griffin and Y had separated from each other along with Aidan to search the ruins of the Scientific Department for any good stuff they could take. Speaking of ruins, the Scientific Department was no more. Most walls were covered in bullet holes and oil, and there was rubble everywhere. This was done by the prisoners they had released previously.

Several walls had been knocked down and several spots were on fire, most consuming dead bodies. The ceiling tiles had deteriorated and were cracked, with the pristine linoleum floor no longer pristine. The oil-slicked floor was a slipping hazard. And the other rioters had left to destroy Logistics and the warehouse the department resided in. Security forces had left Scientific to Logistics to calm down the riot, but based on the high level of noise alone, it was clear that it didn't really work.

And that left Aidan, Y and Griffin all alone and able to scavenge for loot in the Scientific Department. Of course, there weren't many lights so they had to use hand-held flashlights. Speaking of lights, they were mostly destroyed by the rioters as well.

Each shadow cast gave the scene an eerie atmosphere and the lack of white noise only added onto the eerie feeling. Aidan shone his flashlight across the hall and saw nothing but chunks of concrete and rebar.

All concrete and rebar, except for some black/gray camo gloves. They were nice and in good condition, so Aidan decided to take them. After putting them on, Aidan realized they were a little loose but nothing a bit of velcro couldn't solve. And velcro he had. He had a small pack of stick-on velcro inside his backpack, if only he could find it in this darkness.

After a meticulous backpack fishing trip, he managed to grab a hold of the velcro and also as a bonus actually was able to stick it on the gloves to adjust them to his size. Now if he had to hold anything sharp or dangerous he would have a lower chance of getting injured. Sure, he could heal, but Aidan really wanted to minimize his oil consumption as healing would eat into his already low oil reservoir.

Aidan put his backpack on and pointed the flashlight at the end of the hall yet again. It was definitely not strong enough to illuminate the end of the hallway, but just enough to see ten feet in front of him.

He turned to the right on a hallway fork, hoping to find more cool things before they left. After a bit more searching through the empty crates and rubbish, Aidan found a can of...

Chicken soup? Why was this here anyways. Drones didn't eat biological food items for sustenance anyways. But a cool souvenir, nonetheless. Finding actual human food here was kind of rare, inside the colony at least, because the colony's dictator decided to put them in a recreation of the British Museum. No one would be surprised if the museum also had a solid chunk of Copper 9's core.

Other than the can of chicken soup and the gloves, there really wasn't much. Then again, most of the cool stuff was ransacked and stolen by the rioters. Aidan decided that he was done with looting, and it was time to meet up with the others. They had all decided to meet up at the destroyed cafeteria, just like they did when this place was still in a singular piece and operational as well.

The walk to the cafeteria was rather boring, which was kind of expected since there wasn't much happening. But Aidan was looking forward to seeing what Y and Griffin had managed to scavenge and take. This could get interesting. They probably got more gear for another adventure.