Chapter 1

You walked along the stone pathways of Vadena, a large town full of shops, cantinas, restaurants, and life. This was your favorite town on your home planet of Jemzu. The bustling of Jemzarians and other species alike going along their day filled your ears.

Jemzu was a forest planet in the Core Worlds region that was known for their military and navy. Underneath the large forests, there were many mineral deposits that allowed the Jemzarians to live lavishly. There was a melting pot of species that lived on Jemzu, many escaping from the war, knowing the King and Queen remained neutral. The King, Jaredavi Lovett, and the Queen, Lora Lovett, were loved by all. That included you, Malbria Lovett, the princess. The planet was flourishing and heavily protected with their large military. Many towns covered the surface of the planet each having their own specialities. Vadena was known for their expensive and luxurious jewelry and clothing. Today, your mother and best friend Am'vera joined you in finding a new matching set of jewelry for the upcoming ball in honor of you and your mother's birthday.

"What color is your dress again?" Am'vera yelled from across the store. You turned your head towards the blue Twi'lek. She was staring at you holding a necklace bust with a sparkly silver necklace with sapphire gems.

"My dress is orange, Vera. I don't believe that would match very well," you said as you approached the necklace.

"Orange? I hate the color orange," she put her finger in her mouth and acted as if just hearing the color orange made her gag.

"I know you don't like orange. It clashes with your skin tone," you held up your fingers doing air quotes, "but it looks quite good with my hair. Plus it is more of a light orange, like the sunset."

"Have you found anything yet, Bria?" your mother walked around one of the spinning displays of earrings. "Your father is probably wondering what is taking us so long."

Am'vera set the sapphire necklace down and faced the queen. "No not yet, she is just so picky. Can never find something as perfect as the idea in her head."

You gave Am'vera an annoyed look but quickly turned around to continue looking. You wanted something purple to match your eyes. Your mother was going to wear purple for her special day so you thought it would be nice to subtly match. As you turned down one of the corridors in the shop, you immediately found a beautiful pair of Corusca gem earrings. They had gold metal with one bigger gem at the base of the earring, and 3 dangling gems of various sizes. You quickly looked around for the matching necklace. You found your mother behind you holding up the necklace of your dreams.

"Looking for this?" She gave you a big smile as you went to grab for the necklace.

"This is perfect! Thank you momma," you gave her a big hug.

"Okay me next!" Am'vera snuck up behind you looking at the set.

—-

You walked out of the store with your silk bag which carried your new jewelry set. After you found something for Am'vera, a pearl necklace with a fire ruby in the center, you walked down the pathways back up to the palace. You were supposed to be home already, helping with planning and designing of you and your mother's birthday ball. You promised your father you would pick the flowers and make the itinerary for the night. You chose the flowers but haven't made the itinerary yet.

Every year, you would help with the ball for your birthdays. You always wanted to make your mother feel extra special, even though it was both of your special days. You would wake up super early the morning of her birthday and sneak out of your room and down to the kitchen. Her favorite breakfast food was french toast with chopped meiloorun fruit with moogan spice syrup. You would strategically design the platter of food, the french toast in the middle, chamomile tea in the right corner, a jogan fruit in the left corner and napkins and silverware on the sides. The chefs used to help you when you were very young, but you got the hang of it, eventually doing it all yourself. Then, you would take the platter up to her room, turn on her favorite holodrama and wake her up to her surprise.