Chapter 2

During the later hours, some of them goofed around, easing the once-nervous tension in the atmosphere that was once there. Others peacefully sleep or listen to music. We stopped at a service station a while ago after hitting the 2:00 am Clock.

I was sitting down on one of the seats, leaning my head against the back of the seat, I sighed. We were almost there just a few more minutes like the driver said. Flora stirred on my shoulder as I soothed her. Now it was a peaceful silence, with Sam next to me, Cleo laying her head in their lap, and her feet in mine.

Now, all we could hear was the soft rumble of the car, soft breathing, and crickets outside, but it was disturbed when Sam spoke.

"Sal?" she asked, staring straight ahead away from my questioning eyes.

"Yeah, Sam? What's wrong?" I asked why she seemed so sad.

"Do–Do you consider me a friend? Or do the others think of me as a friend?" She said as the mood damped. Why did she ask this?

"Of course we do, we consider you the highlight of our day, your laugh, your smile, and your trust in us is reflected back at you because you're our friend and we'll always love and trust you," I say trying to lighten the mood and cheer up Sam, but it only seems to dampen Sams mood.
"You shouldn't,"  Sam said, turning towards me as I saw her tearful expression.

"We do, and we will always love and trust you to the moon and back," I said as I grabbed her hand and caressed it.

We sat there in the moment as time went by. Soon, we arrived at the place, large white buildings circling around the statue of Canens, a woman holding a violin as she searched. We rounded around the statue, pulling up to the main building. Me and Sam ushered Flora and Cleo out first as I went towards the back to wake the others when I was blinded by the fluorescent lights cutting on and stumbled back on Sam, resulting in the domino effect

When Sam stumbled, they pushed Cleo, who bumped into Flora, who knocked Noah, who got out first down in the dark, alone. Then, somehow, the idea of getting up and starting running around startled everyone, especially Flora, who thought she was going to get chased, and Projectile got on her knees and started sobbing.

I just sat and watched as chaos was wretched because of me, (Sorry). After a while, we were able to contain Noah and comfort Flora enough to get our bags from the back. I pick up my suitcase and duffle bag from the back as I catch up with the group who stood in front of the doors.

Walking in, we see a very heated Carly and a very scared-looking receptionist. Of course, we didn't get ourselves involved because we weren't going to deal with a mad Carly. Not me, Nada. 

So here we are, we were supposed to just have a floor with rooms, but somehow, Carly got us a common room as well. So now we were grabbing our key cards with our partner since it's 2 to a room. We were all waiting near the elevator as they said that when we got to the second floor there would be someone to assist us to our rooms. 

Since it was a large group, they made us take 2 elevators. As usual, we were halved in our usual group. Walking out of the elevator, I'm met with a white marble-like color scheme, a large gray couch fit for about 25 people, and a coffee table in the middle with pictures in silver frames aligning the wall. They held many different musicians, which I didn't care to look at longer than a glance.

Then I like a normal exhausted, emphasis on exhausted, belly flops on the couch. I dig my head into the couch, my brown curly hair splayed around my face. I sigh, moving around to get comfortable, but I can't do shit in this bitch because why does this hoe hit me. I sit ready to throw my hands at Flora, I give a damn if she was delirious a full minute and a half ago.