42.

The Forty-Second Chapter

****

रब की कव्वाली है इश्क कोई
दिल की दिवाली है इश्क कोई
महकी सी प्याली है इश्क कोई
सुबह की लाली है इश्क
गिरता सा झरना है इश्क कोई
उठता सा कलमा है इश्क कोई
साँसों में लिपटा है इश्क कोई
आँखों में दिखता है इश्क

****

"So you're telling me that you've been lying to me this entire time? You were out killing innocents?" I asked, my voice filled with shock and maybe a tinge of disgust

Honestly, this whole... let's call it a scandal, is just too unreal for me. Drama in my life is like when someone steals your wallet, now that's real drama. But here they are, talking about murder, kidnapping, and spying.

It feels like I'm stuck in some sketchy Bollywood movie.

So here I am, sitting on the guest room bed, my legs crossed, staring at my half-naked husband. His face is nestled in my stomach as he hugs me, his voice muffled like a little child's.

"They w-erfe noft innowcent," his muffled voice murmured against my stomach, barely audible through the fabric of my clothing, well his shirt that I was wearing.

"Speak human. I don't understand alien language," I said, lightly tapping his head, and he groaned.

He groaned, lifting his face slightly from my stomach, his expression a mixture of frustration and exhaustion. "They were not innocent," he repeated, his voice clearer this time but still tinged with a hint of distortion from being pressed against me.

After the amazing sex we just had, frustrated Rudra becomes even more dominant. He destroyed me in fifteen minutes. Honestly, I need to build up my stamina. How? I don't know. But I won't be able to keep up with this huge ball of 'I'll take you for as long as I want.'

"Patidev, I'm confused, but can you at least tell me what you are planning?" I asked, my hands playing with his hair as he pulled me onto the bed, laying me down, and resting his head on my chest.

"I don't think we can still catch Suraj. No one can find him until he wants to be found. He isn't just the biggest criminal yet politically protected man for no reason. All we can do is eliminate the intermediaries, the puppets he plants in India. Right now, his right-hand, Manoj, is somewhere in Udaipur, and he is for sure behind this. We just need to take him down," he explained calmly.

Will Suraj just remain a threat forever?

"Suraj may seem untouchable, but his network has weaknesses," Rudra began, his voice measured as he outlined his plan. "Manoj is a key player in his operation, and if we can take him down, we'll deal a significant blow to Suraj's organization."